Senior Lecturer, Anatomy/Medical Education
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applicants with substantial experience of medical education and a track record of teaching excellence in anatomy to apply for this full time Senior Lecturer faculty position. The primary focus of this role is undergraduate MBBS teaching. The appointee will join the Anatomy team in delivering a comprehensive Anatomy curriculum, covering histology, embryology and gross anatomy, using active, collaborative learning and innovative use of educational technologies. The appointee will also play a significant role in assessment and will contribute to other areas of medical education, such as curriculum review and course evaluation. In addition, the appointee will contribute to educational research and/or scholarship, which should include (but may not be limited to) Anatomy education.
The new faculty will join a multidisciplinary teaching team to deliver Anatomy teaching as part of an integrated, systems-based MBBS curriculum, primarily in Years 1 and 2. The key responsibilities include:
- To teach gross anatomy, histology and embryology in classroom sessions and Anatomy practical sessions, using the School’s innovative approaches. These include team-based learning, use of plastinated anatomical specimens, 3D printed models, and an Anatomage table. Training will be provided, as necessary.
- To develop innovative teaching materials for histology and other components of Anatomy
- To make a significant contribution to assessment (including blueprinting, question writing, standard setting, marking)
- To work in collaboration with Module Leads (Scientists and Clinicians) and the Course Evaluation team to respond to student and educator feedback, and to contribute to curriculum review, renewal and innovation.
- To contribute to other areas of the MBBS curriculum, as appropriate.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of courses for pre-university students and postgraduates (e.g. surgeons, radiologists)
- To participate in student outreach events
- To provide pastoral care and support to students
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Vice-Dean, Education
- PhD in Anatomy or equivalent medical/science degree
- Minimum five years of Anatomy teaching experience
- Experience of assessment in medical education
- Experience of other aspects of MBBS programme delivery, e.g. student selection, curriculum design and innovation, assessment, course evaluation, student support.
- Experience of research and/or academic scholarship
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Enthusiasm for implementation of innovative teaching methods
Interested applicants are invited to apply via this link: https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/NTU-Novena-Campus-Singapore/Senior-Lecturer--Anatomy-Medical-Education_R00000101-1 for the above position with a detailed resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.