Senior Lecturer, Physiology/Medical Education
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applicants with substantial experience of medical education and a track record of teaching excellence in physiology to apply for this full time Senior Lecturer faculty position. The primary focus of this role is undergraduate MBBS teaching. The appointee will join a multidisciplinary medical education team to provide leadership of a comprehensive Physiology curriculum integrated across all the major body systems, using the School’s team-based learning pedagogy. The appointee will also play a significant role in other areas of medical education. In addition, the appointee will contribute to educational research and/or scholarship.
The new faculty will join a multidisciplinary teaching team to deliver Physiology teaching as part of an integrated, systems-based MBBS curriculum, primarily in Years 1 and 2. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- To provide leadership of Physiology teaching and its application to all the major body systems, co-ordinating the delivery of teaching with Scientists and Clinicians
- To contribute to team-based learning and science practical sessions. Training will be provided, as necessary.
- In collaboration with Module Leads (Scientists and Clinicians) and the Course Evaluation team, to respond to student and educator feedback, and to contribute to curriculum review, renewal and innovation.
- To contribute to other areas of medical education, such appropriate
- To contribute to the development and delivery of new courses, as appropriate
- To participate in student outreach events
- To provide pastoral care and support to students
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Vice-Dean, Education
- Masters or PhD in Physiology or equivalent medical/science degree
- Minimum five years of teaching experience to medical students in relevant subject areas
- Experience of other aspects of MBBS programme delivery, eg. student selection, curriculum design and innovation, assessment, course evaluation, student support
- Experience of research and/or academic scholarship
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Enthusiasm for implementation of innovative teaching methods
Interested applicants are invited to apply via this link: https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/NTU-Novena-Campus-Singapore/Senior-Lecturer--Physiology-Medical-Education_R00000103-1 for the above position with a detailed resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.