Career Development Fellow in Emergency Medicine
Role Description: Clinical working in the Emergency Department under Consultant supervision, with a programme dedicated to your career progression in Emergency Medicine. Initially working at SHO level, with progression to Middle Grade working in a mutually agreed time frame. Participation in an active programme of teaching, training and quality improvement.
Flexible working patterns will considered for all applicants!
What we look for:
- Experience working in Emergency Medicine at a senior level
- A desire to pursue Emergency Medicine as a career
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Enthusiasm and team working
What we Offer:
- A friendly and cohesive team
- A dedicated support programme committed to your career progression
- A newly expanded and refurbished department
- Expertise and mentorship in Quality Improvement
- Experience in providing support and acclimatisation to doctors new to the NHS
Who we are:
We run two 24 hour Emergency Departments, both renowned for being friendly, supportive environments and home to a rapidly expanding consultant body with a wide range of specialist interests. Basingstoke is a Trauma Unit and training department for Higher Specialist EM trainees within the Wessex deanery. Both Departments have had significant investment and undergone major renovations over the last 12 months.
About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of £382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future.