Locum Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
This is a temporary post initially for 6 months with the potential to extend for 12 months The post holder will join the existing appointees in providing Paediatric Fracture care in the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children and take part in the on-call rota at that hospital as well as Adult Elective Orthopaedics (out-patient and in-patient) for the Belfast Trust. The post holder will contribute to the care of Orthopaedic patients in Musgrave Park Hospital.
The postholder will:
- Assist the existing appointees in providing a Paediatric Orthopaedic Fracture and Emergency Orthopaedic Service for Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children and an Adult Elective Orthopaedic Service for Musgrave Park Hospital, commensurate with the demands on the Service.
- Take part in on-call rota (currently 1:6). This will include Paediatric Fracture and Orthopaedic Emergency Surgery out-of-hours and at the weekend.
- Work with clinical teams to identify opportunities to reduce post-operative complications.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to facilitate safe and efficient discharge for individuals in the orthopaedic unit.
- Work closely with his/her colleagues to ensure continuity of care for patients admitted to the Musgrave Park Hospital and RBHSC.
- Be encouraged to develop his or her own skills and interests alongside those currently practiced by the consultants in post.
- Adhere to requirements for continuing medical education, and ensure that all skills and expertise are maintained. The Hospital is committed to fully supporting and resourcing nationally agreed CME requirements to facilitate this.
- Work within the Trust’s Clinical Governance Framework and GMC guidance on good medical practice.
- Participate fully in medical and multi-professional clinical audit and develop research interests relevant to this post.
- Be expected to participate actively in the teaching of undergraduate, postgraduate students as well as staff in related disciplines, and co-operate with colleagues in developing local educational programmes.
To apply, please click the apply button.