Clinical Fellow Haematology / Acute Oncology
Clinical Fellow Haematology / Acute oncology – Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Location: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
- This post is full / part time. Duties will be made up of the following components:
- Full time hours working with Oncology, Acute Oncology (4 days) and Haematology (1 day) to support cancer services provided on the Basing Unit, Basingstoke.
- There will be no out of hours or weekend clinical commitments for the post holder.
- Cross cover arrangements for Annual leave/Study leave will be provided by existing Clinical fellows in Oncology and Haematology.
- Consultant Supervision for Acute Oncology
What we look for:
A candidate to:
- Participation in Acute Oncology Service - assessment, review, advice and intervention of patients receiving chemotherapy and occasionally radiotherapy.
- Support OP clinics including review, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Attendance at site specific MDT and laboratory meetings
What we Offer:
- Opportunity to gain experience in managing haematology and oncology patients in an outpatient and day unit setting
- Opportunities to take part in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Gain experience in Transfusion medicine and Clinical Haematology with Bone marrow biopsies.
- Previous post holders have successfully gained National Training numbers in Oncology and Haematology.
Who we are: The Basing Unit, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of £382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Operational Service Manager