We are currently sourcing for a Consultant Ophthalmologist to join our forward thinking, dynamic, Rochdale Ophthalmology CATS. The Ophthalmology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
This role is a full scope service with the same work as the NHS Trust, with anything from AMD to Cataract treatment. Rochdale CATS provide the only outstanding CQC rated, private ophthalmology department in the country. We adopt a more flexible approach to rostering and scheduling with the added benefit of guaranteed time in theatre.
The post holder will be required to perform a wide range of ophthalmology procedures, on patients referred to the treatment centre.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of. We constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Full Time, 48 hours a week (40 scheduled plus 8 hours non-scheduled)
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a high level of skill in the operative and non-operative aspects of the management and assessment of the following areas:
- Slit-Lamp examination
- YAG Laser Capsulotomy and Iridotomy
- Retina laser (preferable not essential)
- Corneal suture removal
- Use of Bandage Contact Lens
- Interpretation of Visual Fields/ OCT and FFA.
Applicants will be expected to have an excellent clinical quality record, and an ability to perform efficiently and independently in clinic whilst providing exceptional care. Applicants will need to demonstrate commitment to excellent teamwork with clinical colleagues and a willingness to utilise and develop clinical care pathways in the overall management of patients and assist in improving these pathway.
Reporting in-to Medical Director
Salary and benefits:
- A competitive package including a salary of £140,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays
- CPD and revalidation support
- Clinical development and training opportunities
- Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts.
Skills & Experience:
- Wide training and experience in general ophthalmology
- Able to offer expert clinical opinion on range of problems within ophthalmology
- Able to take full and independent responsibility for delivering service without direct supervision
- Understanding of audit and Clinical Governance
- Experience of working in a surgical centre
- Experience of high volume cataract surgery under topical anaesthesia
- Evidence of clinical outcomes
- Innovative approach to provision of ophthalmology services with ability to embrace change to improve the provision of care
- Knowledge of evidence based practice
- Excellent clinical skills
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility and show evidence of leadership
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with setbacks
- Awareness of personal limitations.
- UK registerable Medical Degree
- Past record of academic achievement
- Full and Specialist GMC Registration in relevant speciality.
Closing date: 29 August 2019
To apply, please click the apply button.