Medical Staffing - Bank
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist inpatient and community mental health, learning disabilities, addiction services and acquired brain injury services for the people of Liverpool, Sefton and Kirkby, Merseyside. We provide community physical health services in Liverpool and Sefton, secure mental health services for the North West of England, the West Midlands and Wales and specialist learning disability services across Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside. We are one of only three trusts in the country that provide these services.
Our clinical services are provided across 80 sites across the North West. Our teams are supported by a corporate team based at our offices in Kings Business Park, Prescot, Merseyside. Over 8,000 staff serves a population of almost 11 million people.
We are looking to recruit suitably qualified doctors to work across all grades and specialties, for work ranging from a single shift to an extended post, with evening, weekend and on-call shifts available. Specialties include; general psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, specialist learning disabilities and physical community care.
As this is Bank work, it is on an ‘as and when’ basis with no guaranteed hours.
Full Registration with the GMC is required, as well as having achieved the appropriate level of competencies to carry out the role you have been employed to do.
Duties within the shifts which you are booked to fulfill are:
- to liaise between nurses, other clinicians, patients, relatives in order to support safe care
- to attend and participate in multidisciplinary team meetings, ward rounds, board rounds, referral meetings
- to provide appropriate workplace supervision to other staff as and when needed as requested
- to maintain high standards of professionalism, especially in relation to documentation
- to arrive on time for the shift and be available for work from the arranged start time
- to co-operate with the workforce team in relation to the administration of the shift
- attend local induction as appropriate when working in new areas
- to comply with all local policies and procedures, including upholding the trust’s values and behaviors’
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trust’s policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately.
If successful this vacancy will require an Enhanced DBS at a cost of £47.50.
For further details / informal visits contact: firstname.lastname@example.org