Locum Gynaecological Oncologist
Locum: Gynaecological Oncologist, Women's Health, Auckland DHB
Medical Specialist & Fellows
Enjoy the New Zealand lifestyle in the City of Sails working at Australasia’s largest provider of Women’s Health Services.
ADHB Gynaecological Oncology is the largest of the 3 Gynaecological Oncology Cancer Centres in New Zealand, with of catchment population of 2.3 million, providing tertiary gynaecological oncology services to ADHB, CMDHB, WDHB, Northland, Bay of Plenty, Lakes DHB, Tairawhiti and Waikato DHBs.
It hosts the supraregional MDM which receives over 1000 referrals per year.
This is a fixed term for 6-12 months from 1st September 2019, to provide locum cover for existing SMOs in a busy department, currently providing surgical clinical care for approximately 500 new cancers annually.
The role will be based at Auckland District Health Board, Auckland City Hospital and Green Lane sites, with potential outreach clinics.
Key duties will include:
- To collaborate and work to maintain Gynaecological Oncology services in line with strategic requirements.
- Provide, with the other Consultants in the specialty, routine and emergency Gynaecological Oncology services to the region, operating a system of cover for annual, study and professional leave.
- Provide a consultation and advisory service to medical colleagues in other specialties in the DHB
- Provide a preinvasive service (colposcopy and vulval clinics).
- Provide collegial support within the department and manage the workload collectively as a team
- To take responsibility for the professional supervision and appraisal of junior medical staff, in conjunction with colleagues.
The ideal person should:
- Have current New Zealand Medical Council registration or be eligible to obtain NZMC Registration
- Hold a sub specialist qualification in Gynaecological Oncology
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Be motivated and willing to contribute to a busy unit
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Dr Lois Eva, Service Clinical Director – Gynaecological Oncology, Women’s Health via email: LoisE@adhb.govt.nz
Please click the apply button.
Applications close: 16 July 2019.
For any general enquiries, please email Sara Hong, Recruitment Coordinator via SaraHong@adhb.govt.nz and quote reference number AUC05817.