Why is Australia a haven for doctors in family practice?
More and more British GPs are moving to Australia… and staying.
Here are some of the things our migrating doctors say about work conditions in Australia.
- Increased earning potential and being in charge of your own income
- Working largely for private practices rather than a national health service so not chasing targets or having to satisfy certain care criteria to get funding
- Flexibility in working schedule – full time work is 38-40 hours and practices can often be flexible to how the working week is structured. 4 days a week is quite common
- Broader scope and freedom of GP work practiced – e.g. ability to exercise minor surgical skills if desired, some ED aspect to roles, etc
- The chance to work with remote or rural locations where your presence makes a significant difference to communities
And, of course, lifestyle is a huge draw:
- The weather
- A more outdoor orientated lifestyle – the beach, the mountains, diving, snorkelling, hiking, running, swimming, surfing, sailing plus Australia’s love of sport and facilities to cater for pretty much any sporting interest
- Excellent education system for those with families (especially now University fees have risen dramatically in England)
- A booming economy and therefore a sense of national optimism
Wavelength International has interesting and varied General Practice opportunities across Australia for doctors looking for a career and lifestyle change. Call our London based consultant Jane on 7586 606 667 today to discuss what you want out of a career move to Australia.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
To give you a taste of what type of roles we do have an offer, here is a snapshot of a position in a suburb of Perth in WA.
- Settle in easier with an initial hourly rate for the first three months
- Exciting expansion plans with state-of-the-art design and layout
- Highly-reputable training practice
- We will assist you with the entire regulatory and immigration process
- Benefit from our corporate partnerships with financial advisors and relocation agencies
- Receive VIP treatment by our concierge service at the airport
Having recently moved centres, this clinic is looking for a patient-centric, friendly GP to help them with their increasing patient base. You will work alongside four successful GPs who are well-supported by a team of full-time nurses and welcoming receptionists.
The practice have some very exciting expansion plans (designed by some of the best architects in their field) making their centre modern, bespoke and top-of-the-line. There are six consulting rooms all with natural lighting and on-site Allied Health including pathology, visiting specialists and mental health.
Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. There are both full-time and part-time opportunities within the practice and no on-call required!
This practice is located just over 30km from central Perth, within a growing regional centre at the heart of a bustling urban community that offers a relaxed lifestyle with all the conveniences of modern day living. With easy access to the vibrant city centre you cannot find a more convenience location. Perth is one of the world’s most liveable cities. The region has a pleasant Mediterranean climate and there is easy access to premier wine region of Margaret River and beautiful South Western beaches. The country side in the immediate surrounds of this area is very pleasant.
DWS position available.
In order to be eligible for this exciting role, International Medical Graduates are required to hold post graduate qualifications in General Practice (i.e. FRACGP, FRNZCGP, MRCGP, MICGP or CCFP). General Practitioners who have one of the above recognised post graduate qualifications are eligible for reciprocal recognition with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and Wavelength International will assist you with the required regulatory and immigration process.
Additional skills are helpful but not essential for this role – on the job training can be arranged.
Experience in mental health would be beneficial.
An interest in training would be desirable.
Excellent environment and atmosphere, bespoke and state-of-the-art premises, supportive staff, strong sense of collegiality, quality medicine practiced- the list goes on… Doesn’t that sound better than anything on offer within the NHS?
Contact our expert consultant Jane Stanke today for career and relocation advice. Email email@example.com or call UK 07586 606 667
Alternatively visit https://wave.com.au/uk-gp-registration and register online for your free Living and Working in Australia brochure.