Welcome to Red Deer!
Red Deer is a thriving family-friendly city of over 100,000 people that is in close proximity to the Rocky Mountains and many other outdoor attractions. We are ideally situated between Edmonton and Calgary, both less than an hour and a half drive away.
Red Deer has all the amenities you need: great school systems, well-equipped hospitals and health centres, and there's always lots to learn at our libraries and museums. With an assortment of recreation facilities, multi-use trails and green spaces along with engaging local culture and art - there's an experience waiting for you.
The Department of Medical Affairs - Alberta Health Services, is inviting applications to fill Neurologist positions for the Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre that provide patient care for the Central Zone of Alberta. These positions require a scope of practice that includes adult Outpatient and Inpatient consultation services, including ICU and the Emergency Department, and Specialist On-call coverage. Candidates trained in Multiple Sclerosis are desired. Start dates are negotiable.
Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
3942 50a Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4N 4E7
- Must be willing to participate in the Neurology on call rotation.
- Must be willing to provide Inpatient and Outpatient Consultative Services
- ACLS would be beneficial.
Eligible applicants must have one of the following qualifications:
- Hold or be eligible for independent practitioner registration with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Albert
- Equivalencies deemed appropriate by CPSA for a PRA Assessment with AHS Sponsorship will be considered
- Hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Neurologist
Learn more about Specialist Physician Licensing Process and Specialist Physician Licensing Process on the CPSA website.
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
With a fee for service model, the average yearly income for a Neurologist in Alberta is $484,878CDN (335,845 Euro).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and would like to apply, please click here.