This post is an important part of our ongoing development of medical services at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, offering the successful applicant the opportunity to work closely with the existing Radiologists to provide a high standard of care across the Trust. We are seeking consultants with enthusiasm, commitment, and drive to work closely with colleagues throughout the organisation and within the community to help lead the organisation. Applications are invited for part time/full time Consultant Radiologist with interest in nuclear medicine.
The post is primarily based at the Lister Hospital, Stevenage and requires a minimum commitment of 4 PAs in nuclear medicine but can attract up to 10Pas overall in Radiology/Nuclear Medicine, depending on the applicant's skill. The successful applicant will also provide 1PA of PET-CT reporting at the Paul Strickland Imaging located in MVCC, if desired.There has been considerable recent investment in imaging both on the Lister site and on the New QEII Hospital site with the establishment of an outpatient diagnostic unit that includes CT, MRI, and Ultrasound. The department is fully equipped with 3 MRI (1.5T Siemens, 2 x 3T Siemens) scanners, 4 Multislice CT scanners, Nuclear Medicine department, Ultrasound and digital fluoroscopy and interventional suite. The trust has also recently acquired a new SPECT-CT and successfully undertaken a full l refurbishment of the unit in Lister Hospital.Main duties of the job
The posts have arisen because of expansion in imaging services. The successful candidates will join a team of 25 radiologists to help deliver Diagnostic Imaging Services to the Trust and local commissioners. The candidates are required to have a subspecialty interest in Nuclear Medicine.
We are a large teaching hospital for radiology registrars with aspirations to grow further. You will be expected to be fully engaged with the SpR training scheme both locally within the department and more widely within the region. Therefore, any experience in teaching and training including any formal learning in teaching methods would be ideal for this position.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. This means that any employee is entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns and we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made and considered formally, and will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen. Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification information pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Help deliver outpatient and acute general and subspecialty imaging in the trust.
- Support the urology, gastrointestinal, oncology, paediatric, endocrinology and MSK radiology services
- Maintenance of high-quality patient centred care
- Shared responsibility for the day-to-day management of the service and participation in strategic planning
- Teaching and training within the multidisciplinary service
- Active involvement in multidisciplinary team meetings and directorate clinical governance activity
- Active participation in continuing medical educatio
- Entry on GMC Specialist Register or, be within 6 months of receipt of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) at time of interview or, provide GMC confirmed eligibility for entry on the Specialist Register
- College Fellowship (FRCR) or qualification of an equivalent level
- Subspecialist interest urology, gastrointestinal, oncology, pediatric, endocrinology and MSK imaging
Previous Experience Essential
- Postgraduate academic degree
- General radiology o Competent in plain film reporting, MRI/ CT/US (general). o Fully competent in General Radiology to partake in the on-call rota. o Take part in daytime duty sessions and reporting of emergency CT and MRI work
- Demonstrable experience in a Locum Consultant role
- Experience of supervising undergraduates, doctors in training and other colleagues
- Ability to offer and be accountable for full and independent expert diagnostic opinion
- Can evidence leading on patient safety issues and achieving a change in practice
- Published papers and original work in peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of audit, evidence based practice, and clinical quality improvement initiatives
- Demonstrable experience and participation in research
- Able to evidence engagement with clinical governance and the identification of errors and the learning from errors.
- Evidence engagement with appraisal and revalidation
- Able to show situational awareness and application of good decision making
- Ability to effectively teach clinical skills
- Ability to critically appraise published evidence
Other Requirements Essential
- Demonstrate understanding of basic principles of audit, evidence-based practice, and clinical quality improvement initiatives
- Comprehensive knowledge and insight regarding all the domains within the GMC standards of Good Medical Practice
Employer details Employer name
- Demonstrates an interest and commitment to the specialty
- Experience and evidence of engagement around the equality, diversity, and inclusion agenda. Able to actively support the development of a culture that recognizes and promotes equality, values diversity, and actively leads by example in deploying these qualities. Understands the impact on equality, diversity, and inclusion issues in all aspects of service delivery and planning
- Role models our Trust values every day
- Understands and can demonstrate the values of the NHS constitution.
- Evidence of being up to date and fit to practice safely, and aware of own training needs.
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.