Modality Partnership Mid Sussex Division has part/full-time vacancies for a Physician Associate (PA). The postholder will join our existing PAs who provide exceptional clinical care to patients. The postholder will be part of the team, providing focussed care in areas including learning disabilities, care homes and mental health alongside our multi-disciplinary workforce. The post holder will be passionate about patient care and working at one of the following sites Ship Street Surgery, Judges Close Surgery, Crawley Down Health Centre or Park View Health Partnership,you will be enthusiastic and innovative in the way care is delivered.
This job is suitable for individuals who want to benefit from a tailored development pathway of clinical support and supervision, and benefit from the experience of our existing PAs who are committed to make real changes to the health care services provided within Primary Care to improve patient care.As an employee with us you can benefit from:
Enrolment to the NHS pension scheme
Annual leave minimum 27 days, plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
Employee discounts and benefits scheme
Employee assistance programme (EAP)
Education and career pathways
If you are interested in learning more, please read on.Please Note: The Modality Partnership reserves the right to close this vacancy at any time during the advertising period.Main duties of the job
The role is a patient centred role that requires qualified and dedicated PAs to work as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team to participate in all treatment and preventative healthcare services in the practice as delegated and agreed by supervising clinician(s).
The post is suitable for those who have undertaken their PA postgraduate training though are due to sit the national PA exam, or who are awaiting their national PA exam results in which case the role of Associate practitioner is relevant in this instance and will be superseded by the PA role on achieving the PA qualification.
The postholder will need to confidently evidence key skills such as excellent verbal and written communication skills, substantial experience working as a PA or a role in which clinical skills formed part of their role in primary care or similar. Working collaboratively with local divisions (including Divisional Boards) and the wider clinical team is essential to promote and deliver innovative ways of working to meet the strategic aims of the organisation.
The role is not a regular PA position where decisions made are purely for the practice the PA role for Modality requires innovation, flexibility, and commitment and the postholder will be required to work resourcefully as part of the wider team and will help to deliver dedicated care and support for the patients of the wider Mid Sussex division.About us
We are one of the largest GP super-partnerships in the UK, serving over 450,000 patients and with a workforce of 1500+. We are unique, we are always looking at ways to improve our delivery of services through the implementation of new and innovative solutions that we can scale across the organisation. This is a role that will equip you with a portfolio of skills to make sustainable changes within Primary Care.
We are committed to developing our people through education and career pathways and who align to our organisational values of CARE. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the supporting documents section to retrieve the JD detailing the core responsibilities of this role.
You will love this job if you have a passion for contributing to the clinical development of primary care by developing a special interest and using the audit cycle as a means of evaluating the quality of the work of self and the team, you will implement improvements where required. You will be part of the Modality Mid Sussex division where you will be part of multidisciplinary team of clinical members who will provide support where it is needed. You will input to, and work on key decisions that shape the way in which we deliver patient care, and influence service improvement.
If you feel this is the ideal career advancing opportunity for you and you want to rise to the challenge of this opportunity, we welcome an application for you to join our growing team of likeminded people.
As part of recruitment to the Modality Partnership, we will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters so that we can manage individual and environmental risks. We will offer support to those who may be undecided about vaccinations. Some vaccinations for certain roles are mandatory, and you will be asked to provide evidence of this where there is a mandatory requirement. *ALL APPLICANTS INVITED FOR INTERVIEW WILL NEED TO PROVE THEIR RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK AT THE INTERVIEW STAGE*Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Diploma qualified via UK programme or equivalent.
- Pass in national PA examination.
- A high standard of clinical skills and experience of using these skills in different situations.
- Ability to liaise effectively with hospitals and other outside agencies.
- Advanced clinical practice skills.
- Management of patients with complex needs.
- Clinical examination skills.
- Accountability of own role.
- Local and national health policy.
- Wider health economy.
- Clinical governance issues in primary care.
- Knowledge of public health issues.
- Able to identify determinates on health in the area.
- Knowledge of public health issues in the local area.
- Communication skills.
- Negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Change management.
- Resource management.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage workload effectively.
- Dynamic / able to use own initiative.
- IT literate.
- Team player / ability to liaise effectively with colleagues and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Personal Qualities Essential
- Proficient in the use of the computer and the clinical system provided (SystmOne / EMIS).
- Ability to teach others.
Employer details Employer name
- Able to work well under pressure and deliver to tight timescales.
- Well organised.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to individuals at all levels within and outside of the organisation.
- Strong work ethic as part of a team and working on your own initiative.
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Logical and systematic in work processes.
The Ship Street Surgery
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.