Consultant in Clinical Oncology with interests in Lung & Brain Cancers
This job description is for a 10PA substantive Consultant clinical oncologist post. The post is based at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH).
Candidates should have a primary interest in brain and lung cancers, although other secondary interests may be accommodated. The post holder will be joining a sub-team of two other clinical oncologists - one supporting Brain & Colorectal, and one supporting Lung & UGI.Main duties of the job
The appointee will join a young, dynamic team with considerable collective expertise and a desire to provide world class, evidence-based, patient-centred care to the local population and beyond. The predominant referrals include patients with breast, lung, urology and colorectal cancers as well as the less common gynaecological tumours, lymphomas, upper GI and Head & Neck cancers, brain tumours, skin cancers, neuro-endocrine cancers and sarcomas. Most patients are treated on standard protocols and many are entered into clinical trials. Neurosurgery, Hepatic surgery and specialist paediatric services are provided at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
The clinical team provides specialist oncology services to the Norfolk population of 900,000 people. A team-based approach in the department includes holding parallel new patient clinics, team-based complex case meetings and ward rounds as well as collaborating in service development.About us
Norwich is a great place to live. The city supports a wide variety of cultural activities. The North Norfolk coast is on the doorstep as is the Norfolk Broads National Park. The city also has some excellent schools and a thriving university. The city is only 2 hours from the center of London.
The Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH) is one of the busiest teaching trusts in England. We serve over 900,000 people across Norfolk, North Suffolk and surrounding areas for specialist services.
Job description Job responsibilities
- The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital is located on the Norwich Research Park and serves the population of Norfolk and Norfolk Suffolk and further afield for specialist services. It opened in 2001 and is a 1,200 bed teaching hospital with state-of-the-art facilities. We provide a wide range of secondary and tertiary services, including Accident and Emergency. The Trust commemorated 250 years of a hospital in Norwich in 2021.
Please read the detailed job description attached, which includes main responsibilities for this post of Oncology ConsultantPerson Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full GMC Registration
- Full GMC Registration Entry on the GMC Specialist Register Via oCCT (Proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview) oCESR or oEuropean Community Rights oAn appropriate higher qualification.
- Good communicator.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Enthusiasm for service development and teaching.
- Previous responsibility for service improvement. Management skills
- Applicants who are Nationals from another European country or elsewhere overseas would have to show equivalence to the 5 years training period in the National Health Service required for the specialty. Training and expertise in children's safeguarding
- Experience in research or published papers in area of special interest
- Commitment to develop an appropriate special interest
Communications and Language Skills Essential
- Flexible outlook on working hours.
- Must live within a 15-mile radius of the base Trust or 30 minutes travelling time.
- Full Driving License
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical colleagues, colleagues in pathology and support staff
- Good knowledge of, and ability to use, spoken and written English
- Ability to present effectively to an audience, using a variety of methods, and to respond to questions and queries
Employer details Employer name
- Good presentation skills.
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.