Northwick Park is pleased to announce we are building a brand-new 32 bedded Acute Medical Unit (opening early 2024) and we would love for you to join us on this amazing journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest and most successful integrated care NHS Trust's in the UK, with a team of 9,000 dedicated staff. We serve a wonderfully diverse population of over a million people in North West London and across the boroughs of Brent, Harrow, and Ealing.
Northwick Park is a Major Acute Hospital with a busy medical take an established reputation for patients presenting with a very wide range of medical conditions with a high degree of acuity. We run two Acute Medical Units, a Same Day Emergency Care Unit, and a Medical High Dependency Unit.
The Acute Medicine and Respiratory teams have a strong multi-disciplinary ethos supported by our excellent Matrons, dedicated administrative staff and seven-day therapy service. Additionally, our units are supported by training and trust grade registrars and junior doctors.
The Respiratory service consists of a 33 bedded ward with a 4 bedded monitoring bay for acute NIV. The team provides general respiratory, lung cancer, ILD, TB and sleep outpatient clinics as well as a pleural ultrasound & procedure service. The team is supported by specialist nurses, physiologists & therapists.Main duties of the job Locum Consultant in Acute (50%) and Respiratory Medicine (50%)
We are looking for enthusiastic, forward thinking, and passionate Consultants, to help shape and deliver our vision in providing outstanding care to our patients and community. You must be a team player and hold excellent communication skills to join our acute team and further put our medical services on the map.
You will be expected to participate fully in the provision of acute medicine and respiratory services, including clinical governance, service development, teaching, and research. You should have experience in Acute/General and Respiratory Medicine and are required to be on the Specialist Register (AIM or GIM) within 6 months of confirmed entry from the date of interview.
These are full-time 10 PAs post, however applications from candidates wishing to work less than full time are also welcomed. The posts will be based mainly at Northwick Park, with cross site working as part of the role. Participation in HDU will be optional dependent on previous experience and competencies.
All newly appointed consultants will be offered to join the Trust's consultant induction programme.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to job description provided for further details.
Please contact Dr Kathleen Bell (email@example.com) or David Adeboyeku (David. firstname.lastname@example.org).Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MRCP or equivalent
- CCT in General Internal Medicine (or expected within six months of interview)
- ALS certificate (active)
Knowledge & Expertise Essential
- Experience of High Dependency and Intensive Care Medicine
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining (UK) CCST in Respiratory and General Internal Medicine.
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of complex acute medicine patients.
- Experience of working in an Acute Medical Unit.
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for the management of acute medical emergencies.
- Experience of working in a multi- cultural environment.
Registration Essential Teaching Essential
- Clinical training and experience in intensive care medicine.
- Clinical training, experience and leadership in High Dependency Unit environment.
- An interest in respiratory cancer.
- Experience in undergraduate clinical teaching.
- Ability to teach clinical skills to medical and nursing staff and other disciplines.
Management & Audit Essential
- Training in medical education including work based assessments, educational supervision and appraisal.
- Understanding of the current NHS environment, particularly in relation to reforms, initiatives and issues.
- An understanding of challenges to LNWUH NHS Trust and strategic objectives.
- Understanding of the importance of audit.
- Management course.
- Record of relevant audits.
- Experience in research and potential to develop and execute clinical research projects.
- Relevant research publications in peer - reviewed journals.
Personal Skills Essential
- Able to speak and write English to the appropriate standard necessary to fulfil the job requirements.
- Enjoys busy working environment and working in a team.
- A compassionate approach to patients.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively.
- Ability to plan strategically, execute tasks and to exercise sound judgment when faced with conflicting pressures.
- Ability to engage in and lead change management.
- Ability to motivate and develop the multi-disciplinary team, balancing departmental and personal objectives.
Employer details Employer name
- Has demonstrated qualities of team leadership.
- Proven ability to lead a team in an acute medical setting.
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.