The post holder will be required to:
- Ensure the Trust’s policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of the Trust's Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
- The HSC Code of Conduct for Employees sets out the standards of conduct expected of all staff in the Southern Health & Social Care Trust and outlines the standards of conduct and behaviours required during and after employment with the Trust. Professional staff are expected to also follow the code of conduct for their own professions.
- Adhere at all times to all Trust policies.
- Contribute to ensuring the highest standards of environmental cleanliness within your designated area of work.
- Co-operate fully with regard to Trust policies and procedures relating to infection prevention and control.
- All employees of the trust are legally responsible for all records held, created or used as part of their business within the Trust including patients/clients, corporate and administrative records whether paper-based or electronic and also including emails. All such records are public records and are accessible to the general public, with limited exception, under the Freedom of Information act 2000 the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and the Data Protection Acts 1998. Employees are required to be conversant with the Trusts policy and procedures on records management and to seek advice if in doubt.
- Take responsibility for his/her own ongoing learning and development, including full participation in KSF Development Reviews/appraisals, in order to maximise his/her potential and continue to meet the demands of the post.
- Represent the Trust’s commitment to providing the highest possible standard of service to patients/clients and members of the public, by treating all those with whom he/she comes into contact in the course of work, in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner.