The James Paget University Hospital is seeking to appoint a full time Specialty Doctor in Cardiology/General Medicine. This is a replacement appointment and provides an excellent opportunity for suitably qualified specialists to actively contribute to the further development of this service within this highly regarded Trust.Main duties of the job
The appointee will be expected to be capable of dealing with acute cardiological emergencies, and of liaising with consultant staff / tertiary centres when advice and help is required. Temporary pacing wire insertion and pericardiocentesis will be taught. They will gain experience of supervising and interpreting exercise tests, as they will be required to run or supervise the Nurse-Led Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic.About us
The Trust provides comprehensive acute care for the population of Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and the South Waveney area and for many visitors to the area. This acute care provided from the James Paget University Hospital site at Gorleston is supported by other community services at the Newberry Centre, Kirkley Rise North Lowestoft, Lowestoft Hospital and outreach clinics. Job description Job responsibilities
Attendance at two consultant led cardiology clinics per week is expected. Training in echocardiography will be factored into the timetable if interested. It will be possible to gain experience in CT coronary angiography, a local service commenced in November 2016. Training can also be offered in stress echo and TOE if desired.
Please see attached job description for further information.Person Specification Education and Qualifications Essential
Experience & Knowledge Essential
- Full GMC Registration with Licence to Practise
- MRCP or equivalent
- MBBS or equivalent
Key Skills Essential
- At least 2 years' experience in General Medicine at Specialty Trainee level or equivalent.
- Appropriate knowledge base and ability to apply sound clinical judgement to problems. Demonstrates awareness of the basics of managing General Medical conditions.
- Capacity to work effectively with others. Able to work in multi-professional teams and supervise junior medical staff.
- Ability to prioritise clinical needs with awareness of own limitations and the ability to know when to consult senior advice.
- Demonstrates clarity in written/spoken communication and capacity to adapt language as appropriate to the situation. Able to build rapport, listen, persuade and negotiate.
- Professional Integrity - Capacity to take responsibility for own actions. Demonstrates respect for all.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues, laboratory staff and other staff and agencies
Employer details Employer name
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Professional integrity: Capacity to take responsibility for own actions. Demonstrates respect for all.
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
James Paget University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.