NTGP has a fantastic opportunity for a Physician Associate to join our multi-disciplinary team. We are flexible with sessions available. .
You will be consulting with patients using face to face, telephone & via e-consultation methods. You will be responsible for the provision of medical services to our patient population managing a caseload dealing with a wide range of health needs. You will be supporting & supported by the wide range of clinical and non-clinical team within the practice.
The role is part of PCN ARRS Scheme.
We may close the advert if we have higher number of applicants before deadline date.Main duties of the job
We are looking for committed and professional candidates who have completed a post-graduate physician associate course as well as have passed the UK Physician Associate National Re-Certification exam, and who maintain professional registration.About us
We are a forward thinking practice of 15,000+ patients, providing quality healthcare and outcomes for our patients in the North Trafford area. We operate from two sites Chester Road and Seymour Grove.
The team at NTGP comprises of 3 GP Partners, 6 Salaried GPs, 1 Physician Associate, 1 Pharmacist, 1 FCP and 5 Nursing Team along with non-clinical team of 30+ staff managed by the Business Manager.
Our practices have been rated as Good by CQC and we take pride in delivering quality care to our patients and have a strong training and personal development ethos. We are part of North Trafford Primary Care Network one of the partners is the Clinical Director.
We are using EMIS Web and DOCMAN as our clinical system along with Ask My GP to provide digital platform to our patients Job description Job responsibilities
As a Physician Associate, you will have the following key responsibilities in relation to delivering health services:
1. Providing first point of contact care for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems by utilising history-taking, physical examinations and clinical decision-making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan in partnership with the patient (and their carers where applicable)
2. Providing health/disease promotion and prevention advice, alongside analysing and actioning diagnostic test results
3. Supporting management of patients conditions through offering specialised clinics following appropriate training including (but not limited to) COPD, asthma, diabetes, and anticoagulation
4. Undertaking face-to-face, telephone, and online consultations for emergency or routine problems as determined by the practice including management of patients with long-term conditions
5. Utilizing clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice and partake in clinical audits, significant event reviews and other research and analysis tasks
6. Undertake home visits when required
7. Developing and agreeing a personal development plan (PDP) utilising a reflective approach to practice, operating under appropriate clinical supervision and
8. Participating in continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities by keeping up to date with evidence-based knowledge and competence in all aspects of your role, meeting clinical governance guidelines for continuing professional development (CPD).
9. Developing integrated patient-centred care through appropriate wording with the wider primary care multi-disciplinary team and social care networks
This is an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The job holder will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by the employing practice.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Post-graduate Physician Associate (either PG diploma or MsC) Professional registration with faculty of Physician Associates Passed Physician Associate National Re-Certificate exam (needs to be retaken every six years)
- Experience of working in a Primary Care setting
Employer details Employer name
- Experience of working in primary care
- Experience of working in a GP practice
North Trafford Group PracticeAddress
North Trafford Group Practice
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.