Dashwood Primary Care Network
Area: High Wycombe
Salary: Up to £44,050 WTE dependant on experience
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
An fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Physician Associate to join our developing clinical team here at Dashwood. The successful candidate would be joining a growing team of PA's in delivering high quality support to our patients, we are looking for someone who is keen to learn and develop their role as a Physician Associate within our PCN in a general practice setting.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a collaborative, forward thinking and innovative physician associate to work closely with the existing physicians and clinical teams to deliver effective and robust patient care. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop clinical skills in a positive and excellence focussed environment, working under appropriate clinical supervision to increase access of quality care for patients.,
We would welcome applications from qualified, newly qualified or due to qualify PAs this year with a willingness to working under supervision of a doctor as part of our medical team.
The responsibilities of the role include direct patient contact through assessment, examination, investigation, diagnosis and treatment and will play a key role in continuity of care for patients with long-term conditions.
The post holder will benefit from:
- Regular supervision from GP team
- Opportunities to develop their clinical practice
- Support and pathway training
- Being part of a friendly and forward thinking PCN team.
FedBucks is a federation of 47 GP practices covering a population of over 485,000 patients across Buckinghamshire. We began in 2016 and now employ around 200 members of staff across our head office sites, and our primary care and unplanned care services.
As a GP Federation, we are proud to represent our member practices and to champion primary care by working with local general practice and system partners in the provision of community-based healthcare services. We are dedicated to providing safe and compassionate care to our patients across our range of primary care and unplanned healthcare services in Buckinghamshire, and believe in continuous commitment to quality service delivery and positive patient outcomes.
Patients are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves in ensuring our patients feel safe, supported, communicated with and respected, at a time when they may be feeling vulnerable. Our vision is to provide high quality, seamless health care that enables people to lead healthier lives, whilst feeling supported and cared for. Job description Job responsibilities
- provide first point of contact care for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems by utilising history-taking, physical examinations and clinical decision-making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan in partnership with the patient (and their carers where applicable).
- contribute to the clinical development of the PCN through appropriate systems to manage common chronic medical conditions, ensuring compliance with national guidelines and other quality initiatives as required.
support the management of patients conditions through offering specialised clinics following appropriate training including (but not limited to) family planning, baby checks, COPD, asthma, diabetes, and anticoagulation.
provide health/disease promotion and prevention advice, alongside analysing and actioning diagnostic test results.
develop integrated patient-centred care through appropriate wording with the wider primary care multi-disciplinary team and social care networks.
utilise clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice and partake in clinical audits, significant event reviews and other research and analysis tasks.
participate in duty rotas undertaking face-to-face, telephone, and online consultations for emergency or routine problems as determined by the PCN, including management of patients with long-term conditions.
undertake home and care home visits when required.
- consult and refer patients to other appropriate healthcare professionals both internally and externally as required.
develop and agree a personal development plan (PDP) utilising a reflective approach to practice, operating under appropriate clinical supervision.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
Skills and Experience Essential
- Completed a post-graduate physician associate course (either PG Diploma or MSc)
Employer details Employer name
- Specialist interest in diabetes
- Understanding of NHS long term plan and priorities relevant to primary care
- Capacity to be innovative and develop the role of a physician associate
- Ability to work with a range of clinical and non-clinical personnel as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a high degree of motivation
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate information to patients in an appropriate manner, using well developed empathy skills
Cressex Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.