As an experienced Physician Associate you will have a minimum of two years experience working as a Physician Associate. You will act within your professional boundaries, providing first point of contact care for patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, examination, investigation, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of their care under the supervision of a GP.
You will work as part of the PCN clinical team, embedded within the team in your nominated GP practice to support the delivery of high quality care and relevant service specifications.
You will demonstrate safe clinical decision-making and expert care for patients within the general practice, supported by and in consultation with a duty GP.
You will work with the multi-disciplinary general practice team to support the delivery of policy and procedures and meet the needs of patients. Supervision and mentoring will be provided by the appropriate senior medical staff - the type of support will depend on the post holders skills and knowledge and determined by our clinical governance arrangements. You will have annual appraisals and continuing professional development as set out by the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA). Main duties of the job
As an experienced Physician Associate, you will work as part of the Primary Care Network (PCN) Team in a number of areas and using a wide range of skills and competencies to support our GP practices to deliver care and support to the Surrey Heath population and to reduce the workload of the local GPs.
This may include, but is not limited to
- Providing holistic assessment, diagnosis, offering advice and guidance, and initiating treatment (where appropriate and within competence)
- Supporting GPs with managing investigation results
- Supporting GPs with managing their clinical correspondence
We are Surrey Heath Community Providers Limited, which is a federation of 7 GP practices across 10 sites, covering a population of over 97,000 patients across Surrey Heath. We began in 2016 and now employ around 200 members of staff across our clinical and corporate support teams. Since 2019 we have hosted the Primary Care Network in Surrey Heath.
As a GP Federation, we are proud to represent our member practices and to champion primary care by working with local general practice and system partners in the provision of community based healthcare services. We are dedicated to providing safe and compassionate care to our patients across our range of primary care services in Surrey Heath and believe in continuous commitment to quality service delivery and positive patient outcomes.Patients are at the heart of everything we do,
and we pride ourselves in ensuring our patients feel safe, supported, communicated with and respected
, at a time when they may be feeling vulnerable. Job description Job responsibilities
- To deliver a high standard of patient care using advanced autonomous clinical skills with in-depth theoretical knowledge and evidence based practice working under the supervision of a GP.
- To manage a clinical caseload and deal with presenting patients needs in a primary care setting including supporting the practice to deliver the Primary Care Network Direct Enhanced Service, Local Commissioned Services and QOF (Quality Outcomes Framework).
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- To provide clinical leadership where appropriate within the PCN Care Homes Team or practice and support other members of the team to develop and maintain clinical skills appropriate to your role and expertise.Please refer to Supporting Documents for full Job Description and Person Specification.
- Post graduate physician associate course (either PG Diploma or MSc).
- Professional registration with the Faculty of Physician Associates and/or General Medical Council following implementation of statutory regulation, working within the latest code of professional conduct (CiPD).
- Have passed the UK Physician Associate (PA) National Re-Certification Exam, which needs to be retaken every 6 years.
Clinical Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Experience of working in a primary care environment.
- Minimum two years experience of working as a physician associate.
- Experience in triage.
- Experience of dealing with a range of clinical conditions.
- Ability to effectively triage, assess and diagnose.
- ECG Interpretation.
- Chaperone procedure.
- Requesting pathology tests and processing the results, advising patients accordingly.
- Understand the importance of evidence-based practice.
- Broad knowledge of clinical governance.
- Ability to record accurate clinical notes.
- Ability to work within own scope of practice and understanding when to refer to GPs.
- Wound care.
- Immunisations (routine, childhood and travel).
- Knowledge of public health issues in the local area.
- Awareness of issues within the wider health arena.
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies.
- Understand the requirement for PGDs and associated policy.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong IT skills.
- Clear, polite telephone manner.
- Competent in the use of Office and Outlook.
- Effective time management (planning and organising).
- Ability to work as a team member and autonomously.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow clinical policy and procedure.
Personal Qualities and Other Essential
- EMIS skills.
- Understanding of the audit process.
- Understanding of clinical risk management.
Employer details Employer name
- Polite and confident.
- Flexible and cooperative.
- Motivated, forward thinker.
- Problem solver with the ability to process information accurately and effectively, interpreting data as required.
- High levels of integrity and loyalty.
- Sensitive and empathetic in distressing situations.
- Ability to work under pressure/in stressful situations.
- Effectively able to communicate and understand the needs of the patient.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Effectively utilise resources.
- Punctual and committed to supporting the team effort.
- Flexibility to work outside of core office hours.
- Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
Surrey Heath Community Providers Ltd Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.