We are looking for enthusiastic Physician Associates to join the Nexus team at Surrey Docks Health Centre in North Southwark.Surrey Docks Health Centre
is a modern purpose built premises that opened in 2015 on the Canada Water peninsula within easy reach of Canada Water station and nearby shops and restaurants.
The practice looks after a population of 11,000 patients with a diverse mix including many young families.
It is a well-established GP training practice and has a multi professional clinical team including GPs, ANP, Physician Associate and Paramedic as well as full nursing team. A number of PCN ARRS roles are also support our patients including Mental Health Practitioner, First Contact Physiotherapist and pharmacists. Many of the reception and administrative team live locally and have worked at the practice for many years.
We have had 4 years experience of training preceptor PAs and working with PAs in the Nexus team.
We currently employ 12 Physician Associates across the group and are looking to expand our team with experienced Physician Associate posts providing opportunities for leadership and career development.Main duties of the job
What we offer
- Clinical sessions of 12 x 15-minute appointments with mix of face to face, telephone consultations and e-consultations.
- 2 extra appointments per session for follow up and continuity of care managed by yourselves
- 40min of admin time per session for Docman, results and medication reviews
- 1 session per week remote working - e-consultations in our e-hub or telephone consultations if working full time.
- Fortnightly session for continuing professional development pro rata in line with Nexus strategy and PDP with the view to develop special interests within Nexus.
- Weekly site team meetings to discuss clinical cases, learning events and organisational developments.
- Monthly PA learning group
- Monday to Friday working
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Yearly appraisal and development plan
- Teaching opportunities in an approved multidisciplinary training practice
- Annual Leave 27 days plus 1 week study leave plus Bank Holidays
- Sickness leave allowance
- Maternity Leave
- Funded Indemnity with Nexus Group Indemnity scheme
- NHS Pension
Nexus was formed in 2016 with the merging of 4 well established training practices in north Southwark, with a 5th practice joined in 2017. We look after a practice population of 76,000 patients spread across our 9 sites. The overall aim of Nexus Health Group is to provide a clinically excellent service to our patients, recognising the needs of our local population and to provide a learning and developmental environment for our staff. Our clinical approach is based on a foundation of clinical excellence, clinical leadership and clinical governance.
We are based on 9 sites across north Southwark all geographically close and well served by local transport hubs at London Bridge, Elephant & Castle and Canada Water. We share one patient list but our patients are attached to a specific site and are looked after by the site based teams which include GPs, Nurses, Physicians Associates, Paramedics, ANPs and Pharmacists. These site-based teams are supported by centralised HR, IT, Clinical Administration and the Senior Management Team.
All our sites function as traditional practices with a Site Manager and GP partners working in the practice. All sites are involved in GP training and increasingly training the wider AHP team such as nurses and PAs. Nexus works closely with the local PCN with 2 partners as Clinical Directors. As an at scale provider there are many opportunities to develop areas of interest and leadership within Nexus and the wider PCN Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for details and requirements of the role.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
Employer details Employer name
- MSc Physician associate studies
- PAMVR registered
Nexus Health GroupAddress
Surrey Docks Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.