Marlow Medical Group is looking for an experienced Physician Associate to join our large and dedicated clinical team providing care for our 27,000 patients.Main duties of the job
- Preparing and updating patients records.
- Conducting physical examinations of patients and performing medical procedures.
- Ordering blood and other medical tests as required and analysing the results.
- Developing a relationship with patients and providing them with information on healthy living and disease prevention.
- Creating treatment plans for diagnosed patients.
- Assisting Physicians when requested to do so.
- Referring patients to Specialists.
- Establishing rapport with patients and encouraging them to talk candidly and frankly
Marlow Medical Group is looking for an experienced Physician Associate to join our large and dedicated clinical team providing care for our 27,000 patients. Job description Job responsibilities Job Summary
As Physician Associate, you will work as part of the Team using a wide range of the skills you have including (but not limited to)
- Supporting GPs with managing results
- Supporting GPs with their paperwork.
As the Physician Associate you will act within your professional boundaries, providing care for patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of their care under the supervision of a GP.
You will show safe clinical decision-making and expert care for patients within the general practice, in consultation with the duty GP. You will work with the multi-disciplinary general practice team to support the delivery of policy and procedures and meet the needs of patients.
Supervision and mentoring will be provided by the appropriate senior medical staff - the type of support will depend on the post holders skills and knowledge and determined by our clinical governance arrangements.
You will have annual appraisals and continuing professional development as provided by your line manager and set out by the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA). Key Responsibilities
Provide first point of contact care for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems utilising history-taking, physical examinations and clinical decision-making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan in partnership with the patient (and their carers where applicable).CLINICAL
- Provide high-quality clinical care to patients using established clinical guidelines, delivered in a timely manner.
- Carry out consultations (whether face to face, online or phone), with patients of all ages as an autonomous practitioner and using own clinical judgement to diagnose, treat, refer and/or discharge patients
- Make referrals to secondary care and social services within locally agreed protocols, guidance and pathways.
- To perform specialist diagnostic physical examinations and treatment procedures.
- To instruct and educate patients in preventative health care.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of each and every patient contact.
- Assist or carry out home visits as necessary or directed by clinical supervisor(s).
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and complete all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes.
- Carry out necessary invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests or investigations and interpret findings/reports within the scope of a PAs practice. Discuss the result and implications of laboratory investigations with patients
- Utilise clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice
- Offer a holistic service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care/support with an emphasis on prevention and self-care
- Identify community health needs and participate in the development of patient/family-centred strategies to address them
- Contribute to the practice quality targets to consistently achieve high standards of safe, evidence-based, cost-effective patient care and service delivery.
- Work to deliver, with other members of College Health the objectives of our GMS contracts and contribute to the clinical and management development of College Health care provision.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Contributes and participates in audits, evaluation and clinical standard setting within the Practice and/or PCN.
- Accurate and timely summarising of patient records and read-coding patient data
- Complete all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes in accordance with relevant standards
- Ensure that all practice policies are fully implemented
- Work in accordance with all governance and internal systems relating to (but not limited to) the management of clinical data and systems
Employer details Employer name
- Master of Science - MSc (PG) or equivalent
- graduate Diploma - PgDip or equivalent
Marlow Medical GroupAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.