Applications are invited for a Locum Acute Consultant Paediatrician. This is a fixed term appointment, based at Lister Hospital in Stevenage. The post comprises 10.06 programmed activities (PAs) for 12 months with the possible extension to 12 months.The post is an ideal opportunity for post CCT Specialty Registrars to settle into a consultant role in a friendly and well supported department. They will be facilitated to develop their specialist interest.Main duties of the job
- Contribute to the 1:12 consultant rota and cover Outpatient service for acute general paediatrics to ensure patients are assessed and managed in timely manner.
- Provide outpatient serviceAbout us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. This means that any employee is entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns and we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made and considered formally, and will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen. Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification information pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
Employer details Employer name
- Entry on GMC Specialist Register or, be within 6 months of receipt of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) at time of interview or, provide GMC confirmed eligibility for entry on the Specialist Register
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.