Based at Royal London Hospital
Applications are invited for the post of Clinical Fellow in Respiratory Medicine based within the Department of Respiratory Medicine at Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust.
This post is ideal for an aspiring respiratory physician. It will provide the perfect platform from which to experience and display all the skills expected of a specialty trainee.
There will be opportunities to complete clinical audit and small scale research projects with a number of active clinical researchers within the department.
You will be taught how to perform bronchoscopies and would be expected to require limited supervision by the end of your post.
There will be opportunities to perform pleural procedures and access to pleural ultrasound experienceMain duties of the job
You will be part of a large team of SpRs covering respiratory medicine with an active teaching programme and specialist Clinics and MDTs including TB, COPD and Specialist Breathlessness.
You must hold full registration with the General Medical Council and we encourage applications from trainees currently holding a respiratory training number.MRCP or equivalent is essential.About us
The Trust values equality and diversity in employment and in the services we provide. It is committed to promoting equality and diversity in employment and will keep under review our policies and procedures to ensure that the job related needs of all staff working in the Trust are recognised. The Trust will aim to ensure that all job applicants, employees or clients are treated fairly and valued equally regardless of sex, marital status, domestic circumstances, age, race, colour, disablement, ethnic or national origin, social background or employment status, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, HIV status, gender reassignment, political affiliation or trade union membership. Selection for training and development and promotion will be on the basis of the individual's ability to meet the requirements for the job.
You are responsible for ensuring that the Trust's policies, procedures and obligation in respect of promoting equality and diversity are adhered to in relation to both staff and services Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide evidence based care
- To have regard at all times to the clinical and quality standards set out within the Clinical Academic Group (CAG) & Trust guidelines.
- To liaise effectively and on a timely basis with colleagues within the Respiratory Department and other clinical specialities within the Trust particularly Acute Medicine, Diabetes, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, HIV, Renal, Rheumatology, Interventional Radiology, Anaesthetics and ITU, General Practitioners, community services, and all healthcare agencies.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- To maintain and promote team and multi-disciplinary work, working closely and regularly with the consultant medical staff and the members of the Acute Medicine and Respiratory Departments.
Desirable Eligibility Essential
- MB BS or Registration with a medical defence organisationequivalent
- MRCP or equivalent
- Registration with a medical defence organisation
Language Skills Essential
- Full registration with the GMC
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English that are adequate to enable effective communication about medical topics with patients and colleagues
- At least 2 years hospital experience at SHO (IMT) grade or higher
- Experience of working in Respiratory Medicine for at least 4-6 months
- Further experience in respiratory medicine
- Experience of management/ leadership
- Ability to develop good working relationships
- Good organisational skills
- Pleural procedures
- Thoracic Ultrasound
- Completed IMT2 competencies or equivalent.
Commitment to Clinical Governance / Improving Quality of Patient Care Essential
- Completed IMT3 competencies or equivalent.
- Experience of the clinical audit process
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of leading quality improvement
- Evidence of research experience
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
St. Barts. Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.