An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Physician Associates to join the Frailty Team at both Maidstone and Pembury Hospital. The role will provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and implementation in the care of Frailty patients in AFU. The role will support other services as needed for patient flow as well as contributing to decision making for patients to be admitted, transferred or discharged.
The trust has an established presence of PA's within other sub-specialities which is expanding. Involvement in CPD is encouraged with attendance to PA teaching sessions available. There is an allocated study budget and study leave allowance which PAs are encouraged to use.Main duties of the job
- To perform initial patient assessment and examination, initiate diagnostic process and interpret investigations and recommend initial treatment.
- To exercise a high degree of personal autonomy when assessing and planning care for patients with a range of presenting complaints.
- To develop extensive specialist knowledge and experience, acting as a resource to the clinical team and allied health professionals.
- Practice under the supervision of an Orthopaedic Consultant and other qualified staff as agreed.
- Take patient histories and perform physical examinations of a patient recording all information in the patients' medical records.
- Order and interpret diagnostic laboratory tests, radiological studies or various other therapies.
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal findings to recognise early stages of serious medical, emotional or mental problems in the patient
- Establish differential diagnosis, make appropriate treatment plans and initiate emergency treatment.
- Coordinate consultants ward rounds, and take responsibility for following up resulting actions
- Ensure safe and effective handover of patients to the appropriate teams
- Work with the multi-disciplinary team in an appropriate management plan for the patient e.g. Social Services, Community Nursing Teams, and Clinical Nurse Specialists
- To perform diagnostic/therapeutic procedures
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 760,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ more than 7,000 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites. Job description Job responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Interview Date: TBCPerson Specification Qualifications Essential
- Post Graduate Diploma in Physician Associate Studies, from one of the 4 UK Physician Associate Programmes
- Registered with the UK Physician Associate Association (UKAPA)
- To be on the PA Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
- MSc in PA Studies (either obtained or plans to undertake)
- Previous experience as Physician Associate
- Experience of working with older adults
- Demonstrate competency in History taking and Full physical assessment skills
- Ability to order and interpret clinical investigations
- Venepuncture and cannulation skills
Employer details Employer name
- Extended clinical skills
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.