Our Senior Clinical Fellow posts are intended to provide between 6 to 12 months of Paediatric Emergency Medicine in a major trauma centre. They are aimed at Emergency Medicine or Paediatric trainees, looking to gain further experience in Paediatric Emergency Medicine. We offer three different varieties of the Clinical Fellow programme (please see attached JD and advert for further details):o Online Learning with Don't Forget The Bubbles (DFTB)o Medical Educationo TraumaOur Clinical Fellow posts are designed to enable the post-holder to start/consolidate PEM middle-grade responsibilities in the well-supported environment of a friendly Paediatric Emergency Department, while getting the bonus of being in a major trauma centre with exposure to a huge range of expertise and support.Main duties of the job
20% of the job plan is spent doing the Fellow's special programme activity, with the majority of the job being a middle-grade in our Paediatric ED.Fellows will have 40 days per 12 months to be spent undertaking one of the special programmes (i.e. Medical Education, Online Learning with DFTB, or Trauma). We expect every Fellow to get involved with some projects in the Department (e.g. guideline development, teaching, and audit) but we understand that everyone has different goals for their CV and career development. We are able to support you in getting a publication, aposter presentation, or to discuss any specific goals you have.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. Job description Job responsibilities
The post includes registrar level duties in the paediatric emergency department working on a full shift rota. Clinical duties are supported by 24/7 consultant presence, senior training registrars and a team of junior doctors and practitioners.
Please see attached JD and advert for further details.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent degree
- Full GMC registration
- Up-to-date APLS certificate
- MCEM, MRCPCH or equivalent
- FCEM or equivalent
- Other postgraduate degree
- 5 years of post-graduate clinical experience including F1 and F2 years or equivalent
- 6 months of paediatric emergency experience
- 12 months of paediatric experience
- Experience of designing educational programmes
- Experience of teaching a range of audiences
- Ethos of lifelong learning and a desire to continually gain and improve knowledge and skills
- Evidence of creating online learning content
- Demonstrated interest in FOAM
- Understanding of social media
- Motivated and able to work independently when required Work well in a multidisciplinary team
- Caring, compassionate and respectful of patients and colleagues
- Communicate effectively with patients
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
- Able to produce clear and concise computer written clinical notes including structured clinical coding
- Communicate effectively through written documents
Employer details Employer name
- Level 3 children's safeguarding
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
The Royal London Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.