**APPLICANTS WITH NO MRCP NEED NOT APPLY - EXCLUDING UK BASED CANDIDATES*
This is a new post offering the exciting opportunity to provide registrar grade service in Acute Medicine. We are looking for a team player with a flexible approach who can embrace new ways of working when necessary. You will work at the recently opened state-of-the-art Peterborough City Hospital.
You will join our existing team of Specialty Registrars in Acute Medicine, at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. The appointment is for a total of 40hrs. The appointee will not be part of the on-call rota but will have planned sessions in the evenings reviewing acute medical admissions. Please see attached the job description for more information.Main duties of the job
The appointee is managerially accountable to the General Manager, Emergency and Medicine Division and clinically accountable to the Medical Director.
Applicants should preferably be members of the Royal College of Physicians, or in process of taking the MRCP, or have equivalent experience and training and must be fully registered with a license to practice with the General Medical Council.
This post is to join the department of acute medicine in Peterborough at a time of when we have recently invested substantially in the creation and staffing of a Short Stay Unit and expanded a well establish Ambulatory Care Unit. Please see attached the job description for more information.About us
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Job description Job responsibilities Principal elements of the post will be:
To provide clinical leadership for the management of medicine cases in the Emergency Department
To ensure close working arrangements with colleagues in the Emergency Department.
To support senior medical cover of medical in-patients.
To support senior medical cover for medical outliers during peak seasonal variation of medical admissions.
To supervise and train junior medical staff
To participate in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
To work with the nursing teams to deliver high standards of care. Please see attached the job description for more information.Person Specification Medical knowledge and Experience Essential
- Completed core medical training programme in General or Acute Medicine
- MB ChB/MBBS or equivalent MRCP part 2
- Current full GMC registration and licence to practice.
- Valid ALS certificate
- Ability to communicate with other members/ grades of staff, patients, families and General Practitioners. Commitment to multidisciplinary work
- Evidence of involvement in service developments/ planning or Quality Improvement project
Employer details Employer name
- Knowledge of corporate structure of NHS Trusts, the NHS plan and clinical governance
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.