Applications are invited for Clinical Fellow ST3+ level posts in Acute Medicine. The post will help the post holder to prepare for senior roles on the acute medical take and managing acute and chronic medical problems in outpatients and inpatients. The role will involve rotations in general medicine specialties (e.g. acute medicine, geriatric medicine and diabetes and endocrinology) and will also be part of the full shift rota.
The Trust supports the Health, Economics, Leadership Management Programme (HELM) and is committed to supporting those Doctors who are keen to learn more about NHS ManagementMain duties of the job
The Duties outlined below are not definitive and may be changed in accordance with the needs of the service. Clinical Duties
1. To be part of the Acute Medicine Team at the Great Western Hospital.
2. To participate in supervised Consultant led new and follow-up outpatient clinics.
3. To provide in-patient services to Acute Medicine patients
4. To participate in MDT meetings on a weekly basis.
5. To participate in the general medicine on call rota [including out of hours]
6. Participation in clinical audits.
7. To contribute to undergraduate/post-graduate and continuing medical education activity.
8. Conducting suitable duties in cases of emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.About us
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are. We will expect your values and behaviours to reflect the STAR Values of the organisation: Service
We will put our patients first Teamwork
We will work together Ambition
We will aspire to provide the best service Respect
We will act with integrity Job description Job responsibilities
Detailed job description and main responsibilities Management and Leadership Responsibilities:
All staff in each Directorate are managerially accountable through their Lead Clinician and to the Associate Medical Director, who has overall responsibility for the services within the Directorate. Clinical Fellow ST3+ level doctors are key members of the Directorate team and are accountable and responsible for following the changes to service that will improve the patient experience set out by senior members of the team.
1. To support and supervise junior colleagues as appropriate.
2. To contribute to the leadership and development under the direction of the Lead Clinician and Associate Medical Director and in line with the Trusts business plans.
3. The post holder will ensure effective communication and involvement of staff across the Directorate including support to the Divisional Director to achieve their objectives.
4. Work in partnership with colleagues in other Directorates within the Trust.
5. Work within the Trusts framework for Clinical Governance and Risk, including the development of clinical policies and adherence to standing orders, standing financial instructions and financial procedures. Further details can be found on the attached job descriptionPerson Specification Qualifications Essential
Clinical Experience Essential
- Fully registered with the GMC
- MRCP (UK) or equivalent
- Clinical training/experience equivalent to ST trainees
- Experience in Acute Medical patient presentations and treatment
Management Administration Essential
- Ability to teach clinical skills to trainees and multi disciplinary teams
- Interest in leading multi-professional education
Employer details Employer name
- Demonstrable ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
249-5832997 - 2