Consultant Clinical Lead - Mechanical Thrombectomy for Stroke
An exciting opportunity to lead & develop a new stroke mechanical thrombectomy service in Norwich. The Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital has been identified by NHS England as the location of a second thrombectomy hub in the East of England. The catchment region has 2200 stroke admissions per year. NNUH is a neurosciences centre, working closely with Cambridge University Hospitals for neurosurgical support & the services will work in partnership including provision of an out of hours service.
Applicants should be on the specialist register in Interventional Radiology or another appropriate specialty, with extensive experience in delivering stroke thrombectomy & a strong track record in service development. The successful candidate will lead the development of the service, delivery of stroke thrombectomy & support for relevant imaging requirements, MDT working and governance locally, with flexibility of session planning around this. Mentoring, supporting & training colleagues is an important aspect of the role. Two existing consultant interventional radiologists are commencing their training in stroke thrombectomy in the near future. Installation of a new dedicated biplane angiographic C-arm is planned primarily to support this service.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly team of committed and enthusiastic radiologists and stroke physicians and lead the development of a new serviceMain duties of the job
The duties of the post are to:
Deliver mechanical thrombectomy
Develop clinical pathways
Train medical and non-medical staff
Mentor and support consultant colleagues training in thrombectomy
Establish a robust clinical governance framework
Work in partnership with regional and national colleaguesAbout us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job description Job responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Please see the attached Job Description for the full details of the post and the person specification.
Full GMC with licence to practise required on application
AAC panel will meet on 29th February 2024Person Specification Qualifications Essential
Desirable Experience Essential
- Full GMC Registration
- MB BS or equivalent. FRCR/MRCP/FRCS or equivalent
- Accreditation in an appropriate clinical specialty and on the specialist register at or within 6 months of the AAC
- Competency in performing stroke thrombectomy as evidenced by specialist training or experience at Consultant level
- Logbook of procedures with complication rates
- Experience of research in clinical practice
- Experience of clinical audit
- Further area of interest to complement current service
- Completed specialist fellowship
- Publications. Grants awarded
- RCA training. Quality improvement activity. National audit or patient safety activity
Desirable Employer details Employer name
- Resident within a 15 mile radius of the NNUH or 30 minutes travelling time during working/on call hours
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.