LIAISON OLD AGE CONSULTANT PSYCHIATRY WITH A SPECIAL INTEREST IN PALLIATIVE CARE Job Details: Salary
£93,666 - £126,281 per annum Contract
Full-time: 10 Programmed Activities (DCC:SPA = 7.5:2.5) On call
Frequency 1:50 Category A - 3% on call supplement Location
Queen's Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, RM7 0AG,
Saint Francis Hospice, Broxhill Road, Havering-atte-Bower, Romford, Essex, RM4 1QH. Qualifications needed:
Main duties of the job To be successful in your application, you will need:
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice
- CCT or equivalent
- Section 12 Approval or eligibility for it
- Approved Clinician status, or eligibility for it
- Inclusion in, or eligibility for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of obtaining CCST
- To demonstrate that your values are in line with that of NELFT's values,
- To be innovative, motivated, and passionate about older adult mental health care,
- Essential understanding of current developments in mental health care,
- To be a team player
- Relocation expenses
- Career Development and training
- Just & Compassionate Culture
- Award winning Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Vivup employee benefits platform and salary sacrifice scheme
- Salary Finance and Financial Wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health & Wellness initiatives
- 11 Staff Networks including parents & carers network, ethnic minorities network, LGBT+ network and Disability network to name a few
- Retail Discounts
- Flexible working and agile working
- Cycle to work scheme
We reserve the right to close the post early if we receive a high number of applications.About us Why NELFT?
NELFT is an award-winning community and mental health Trust, providing healthcare for over 4.9 million people, ensuring our patients, family and friends feel confident that their health needs are met. We are committed to delivering the best care
to the communities we serve across North East London, Essex and Kent.
With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled healthcare professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care. Joining us will provide you with unparalleled access to training opportunities, continuous CPD, peer support groups, and a robust supervision and appraisal system.
We are currently recruiting to an Old Age Consultant Psychiatrist position for Queen's Hospital Liaison Team, based at Queen's Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, RM7 0AG. This post also includes an interest in palliative care and sessions to provide input to Saint Francis Hospice. This is a new post, created following investment from Saint Francis' Hospice. This is an exciting job and we are keen to recruit to this post as soon as possible. Job description Job responsibilities You will be expected to:
Person Specification Registration Essential
- Work as part of multidisciplinary teams providing care to older adult people with mental health needs, across Barking, Havering, Barking and Dagenham.
- Provide senior medical support and guidance to the team
- Work directly with older adults and their families and liaise as appropriate with other external mental health providers and acute hospitals
- Participate in the on-call rota frequency is currently 1:50, with a 3% of basic salary, Category A on-call supplement.
- Support your peers and team leader, and be an effective team member whilst allowing them to work with their own initiative
- Work alongside 6wte Consultant Psychiatrists, 2wte Specialty Doctors, 1wte Senior Trainee, and 1wte FY2 Trainee
- Commit to collaborative working, actively supporting and liaising with other health and social professionals, and agencies.
Qualifications Essential Knowledge Essential
- oFull GMC registration with a licence to practice
Specialist Registration Essential
- oSection 12 Approval or eligibility for it
- oInclusion in, or eligibility for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of obtaining CCST
Employer details Employer name
- oApproved Clinician status, or eligibility for it
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Rom Valley Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.