An exciting opportunity has arisen for a PCN Physician Associate to join us at Ashford Medical Partnership.
This role is very much a patient-facing role, and the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of clinical services, working as part of the multidisciplinary practice team, delivering care within their scope of practice to the patient population. You will be required to work autonomously in our three GP practice sites, providing a range of services such as assessment, diagnosis, treatment, telephone triage, clinical decision-making and referring patients appropriately.Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone who can work on their own initiative and develop the role in conjunction with the requirements of the GP Practice/PCN that they are working with.
It is important that you can work as part of a team both in terms of colleagues within the practice but also potentially as part of a team of Physician Associates employed by Ashford Medical Partnership and covering our three practice sites and population of just over 36,000 patients.About us
The current workforce is led by 6 GP Partners, 4 salaried GPs, 4 Nurse Practitioners, a large Nursing/HCA Team and our other highly skilled allied healthcare professionals. The clinical team is complimented by a General Manager and a large Administrative team consisting of reception, administrative and secretarial staff.
We are a friendly, proactive and forward-thinking practice and from September 2020, we will run our own independent PCN. As part of our recent growth, we are looking to recruit further staff members to complement our existing team. Job description Job responsibilities
As a PA you will be acting within your professional boundaries, providing care for patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of their care under the supervision of a GP. You will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care for patients within the general practice, in consultation with the duty GP. You will work with the multi-disciplinary general practice team to support the delivery of policy and procedures and meet the needs of patients.
Mentorship and supervision will be provided by designated senior medical personnel. The level and type of supervision will be dependent on the post holders skills and knowledge and determined by the organisations clinical governance arrangements. You will follow recommended annual appraisals and continuing professional development set out by the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA).
Please see attached document for further information.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Postgraduate diploma in Physician Associate from an accredited UK university
- Member of Faculty of Physician Associate (PAMVR)
- Valid National certification and recertification every 6 years
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Demonstrable patient assessment skills
- Demonstrates an in depth knowledge of related medical conditions, treatments and pharmacology
- Experience of supporting doctors in clinical decision making
- Ability to work autonomously within the scope of supervised practice
- Detailed knowledge of maintaining confidentiality and implementing data protection legislation requirements including information governance
Personal Attributes Essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence other professionals
- Confident and assertive dealing with other professionals
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish credibility with a range of partners both within and outside the GP practice and NHS
- Ability to work flexibly, quickly, calmly and accurately under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workload and work on own initiative under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to use initiative
- Proficient IT skills
- Good project management skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to develop mentoring skills
- Ability to work across organisational boundaries
- Clinical credibility with colleagues
- Ability to develop strong working relationships, internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Empathetic approach
- Ability to work in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work corporately as part of the Stellar Healthcare team
- Commitment to continuing development of staff and self
- Ability to build and sustain personal credibility
- Ability to meet objective and deadlines
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of professional indemnity cover
- Ability to travel regularly between GP Practice sites in line with demands of post.
- Ability to adapt and work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the service
- Full Driving Licence
Ashford Medical PartnershipAddress
Willesborough Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.