This job is for a Senior Clinical Fellow in Neurology at Wexham Park Hospital (WPH) to provide care for ward and clinic patients, receiving support/training from the Consultant Neurology staff. If suitably qualified the post holder has an opportunity to attend a grand round at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (NHNN) or at St George's Hospital which maybe in person or remotely. The post is for 12 months with the potential opportunity to extend.Main duties of the job
About us There's never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country's largest and most respected trusts
- The appointee is responsible to the Consultants for the execution of his/her professional
- He/she will be responsible for the care of patients in his/her charge under supervision with inpatient and outpatient duties.
- Candidates with interests in Epilepsy and Multiple Sclerosis will have the possibility to attend the MDT and the specialist clinics.
- He/she is to ensure that adequate patient notes are kept, and correspondence is always undertaken punctually.
- Assessment of patients in the Accident and Emergency Department and in other hospital departments as necessary.
- Attendance in outpatient clinics with a consultant as required.
- Participate in audits and research as arranged by the firms.
- To attend monthly Division of Medicine meeting which includes Audit
- He/she will make him/herself available to confer with patient's relatives, if
- In carrying out his/her duties, the appointee will always be responsible for keeping the Consultants informed of serious cases on the Ward, cases of death, and any other matter which it is deemed necessary that their attention should be drawn to. Any cases in which he/she has doubts must be referred to the
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (FHFT) has an outstanding reputation and a proud record of achievement. We have an ongoing commitment to improving the health and care services for the 900,000 people we serve across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We continue to invest in our services and facilities, including a £10 million upgrade to the hospital maternity unit as well as £49m major new Emergency Assessment Centre on our Wexham Park site. The opening of a brand new £100m state of the art hospital which replaced the existing hospital facility at Heatherwood and are planning to invest further in diagnostics and inpatient capacity at Frimley Park.
We have also made significant investment in our quality improvement and digital programmes to support our vision and we will ensure that we achieve our aim of providing the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Our new EPR - Epic - went live in June and we are already beginning to reap the benefits of this ambitious investment.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you'll feel at home at Frimley Health. Job description Job responsibilities
The appointees will be able to rotate through areas of specialty within the Neurology Department. These include:
Dr Silvia Messina/Dr Ruth Geraldes
Multiple Sclerosis and other demyelinating diseases
Dr Chintapalli/Dr Chaudhari
Epilepsy/EEG readingPerson Specification Knowledge and Experiance Essential
- MBBCH or equivalent
- Full MRCP (PACES) or equivalent
- Full GMC at the time of application.
- Two years in CT level Acute General Medicine with experience of Acute on call
- Minimum one year NHS experience
- At least two years' experience post completion of 2-year Foundation training programme.
Clinical Skills Essential
- Additional relevant Higher Degree (Masters or Doctorate)
- Neurology experience
Employer details Employer name
- An advanced and developing clinical capability in General Medicine care
- Ability to manage Acute and General Medical emergencies with experience in providing medical care for Adults.
- An appropriate knowledge base, and ability to apply sound clinical judgment to problems
- Ability to prioritize clinical need
- Ability to maximize safety and minimize risk
- Ability to work without supervision where appropriate
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.