We are looking for a Consultant General in Paediatrics with an interest in Neurology to join our dynamic and friendly department at the West Middlesex University Hospital.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as we expand our consultant team. This post forms part of our newly designed consultant rota with attending weeks covering the general paediatric and acute pathway including short stay unit.
This timetable is calculated on a weekly average of 8 DCC to 2 SPA which has been annualised to account for 42 working weeks per year.
The attending commitments will be to either the paediatric ward (starlight ward) or short stay unit (PSSU) depending on the needs of the department. This is one week in 5 (approximately 10 weeks per year).
The non-attending timetable occurs 32 weeks of the year.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and energetic paediatrician trained to consultant level. The department is undergoing expansion and re-organisation and this is an opportunity to join the team as we develop our service.
As an acute paediatrician the successful candidate will join our attending consultant of the week system in general paediatrics.
They will work with local, community and tertiary colleagues to ensure optimal pathways for children with epilepsy and other neurological presentations.
The successful candidate will cover Neurology outpatients.
The post is based at the West Middlesex Hospital site, but may be required to work at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital site, in line with service requirements.
Post-holders will be able to:
- Deliver excellent care throughout the acute pathway
- Develop patient pathways alongside colleagues working in the Trust emergency department, UCC and local GPs
- Support the governance and development of the service
- Promote early and safe discharge
- Participate in consultant delivered care on the wards
- Deliver consultant review of all non-elective admissions review within 12 hours of admission in conjunction with the on call consultant
- Trainee educational supervision
- Involvement in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
We provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East. We have over 6,000 members of staff that arePROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best preforming Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff say they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing around £10 million a year in our estate. We are currently spending £25 million on expanding our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and redevelopment of our children's unit at West Middlesex - in partnership with our charity, CW+ and generous donors. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to our detailed job description for more information.
The job description gives a general outline of the duties of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a finite list of tasks. It may be varied from time to time after consultation with the post holder and in particular during regular job plan review where the strategic direction of the Trust or its constituent departments requires itPerson Specification Essential & Desirable Essential
- Full GMC Registration
- CCT in Paediatrics or equivalent OR eligible for entry on GMC Specialist Register within 6 months
- MRCPCH or equivalent
- Evidence of broad based training experience in General Paediatrics and Neonates equivalent to that required for a UK CCT
- Subspecialty interest in epilepsy demonstrated by completion of a SPIN in Epilepsy or demonstration of equivalent competencies.
- Level 3 Safeguarding training
- Solid Understanding of the Clinical Governance Agenda
- Evidence of reflective practice
Employer details Employer name
- BPNA distance learning modules on Epilepsy
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Middlesex Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.