Applications are invited for a full-time (10PA) Locum Consultant post in the Department of Renal Medicine and Transplantation at Barts Health NHS Trust to commence from January 1, 2024 to fill a maternity leave.
The department is one of the largest and busiest in the UK, and provides comprehensive whole-pathway renal & transplant care from the hub in Whitechapel to six networked kidney centres.
There is a strong academic tradition within the Centre for Translational Medicine & Therapeutics at the William Harvey Research Institute (Queen Mary, University of London), along with the recently established the Diabetic Kidney Centre in East London. There is also a commitment to excellence in undergraduate and post-graduate teaching. The post include management of a expanding home haemodialysis program, IgA clinic , Long term transplant clinic and ward coverMain duties of the job
1. Continuing responsibility for the care of patients in his/her charge, including all administrative duties associated with patient care.
2. Leadership, development and organisation of the services in his/her charge in line with the Trusts' business plans. Liaison and communication with the Lead Clinician for Renal Medicine and the General Manager and Clinical Director for the Renal.
3. Corporate and individual responsibility for the professional management of doctors in training.
4. Sustained clinical research and audit, development of innovation and maintaining an extensive understanding of current best practice in Renal Medicine and TransplantationAbout us
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate, and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where everyindividual can fulfil their potential.Barts Health supports The Pregnancy Loss Pledge and commits to supporting their staff through the distress of miscarriage. Job description Job responsibilities
For further details related to the main duties and responsibilities about the role, please refer to the job description attached.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS, or equivalent
- MRCP or equivalent
- Entry on the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Higher degree, e.g. MD/PhD
- Widespread broad based knowledge of all aspects of renal medicine, dialysis and transplantation
Training Expected Essential
- Interest in building a career in procedures/Interventional nephrology
- Able to undertake Native and transplant renal biopsies independently without supervision
Management/Audit Experience Essential
- Higher Specialist Training in Renal Medicine
- Experience in training undergraduates and postgraduates
- Able to provide evidence of clinical audit and demonstrate understanding of impact and challenges this brings.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of current and future NHS challenges and strategy
- Ability to support team members in business planning via collaboration and discussion
Academic Achievements Essential
- Evidence of innovative approaches to healthcare
- Experience of audit management
Desirable Research Essential
- Ability to demonstrate personal experience of clinical research and describe and discuss findings and impact
- Experience of research, presentations to learned societies on topics related to surgery
- Research experience in transplantation
Employer details Employer name
- Ability to apply research outcomes to clinical/surgical problems
- Demonstrate number of first name publications in indexed journals, over a variety of subjects relevant to this post
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Royal London Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.