The Emergency Medicine services is providing an excellent career opportunity for a Consultant to play a major role in leading the development of a novel system of integrated emergency care at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
You will be passionate in providing the best emergency care to our patients in terms of quality and cost while demonstrating outstanding visibility and opportunity whilst enjoying a variety of challenges with an interest in service development.
You will promote a positive and supportive atmosphere which encourages staff to innovate and to go beyond the call of duty in order achieve key objectives. At the same time, you will ensure staff recognition for exceptional service.
As an innovator, you will help develop and promote the department clinical guidelines in line with evidence based practice.
We are encouraging and supporting you in developing special interests relevant to the specialty of Emergency Medicine e.g. ultrasound, paediatrics, elderly care, ambulatory care and critical care.
If you are dedicated to the innovation and transformation of our Emergency services to deliver high quality patient experience, then join the team at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust!Main duties of the job
You will provide clinical assessment, treatment and supervision to all patients' care requirements attending the Emergency Department until onward referral and discharge.
The job plan is anticipated to contain 10 programmed activities per week. The Supporting Professional Activity shall be agreed at individual job planning and minimum of 1.5 SPA is granted to start with and additional SPA activity shall be made up by supervision of trainees, non-trainees, ACP's and Physician Associates
You will be joining the consultant rota designed for 8 consultants. You will be expected to cover for colleague's absence from dutyon the basis of mutually agreed arrangements with the Department and Employing Trust.
You will provide clinical leadership and supervision for junior medical and nursing staff within the department.
You will ensure data collection and processing undertaken is consistently accurate and timely and complies with the Trust Data Quality Policy and information Governance Procedures.
You will ensure adequate arrangements for hospital staffinvolved in the care of patients, to be able to contact them when necessary, and to observe the current local arrangements for advising details of leave
If you like to find more about the role and organise an informal visit, we are welcoming you to contact Dr Pallav Bhatnagar, ED Consultant on Tel: 01480 416416 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout us
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Job description Job responsibilities
Person Specification Research/Teaching/Publications Essential
- Work to provide patients with best care in terms of quality and costs through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate flexibility in approach and will be adaptable when the organisation is facing unforeseeable circumstances
- Promote a positive image of the Trust with appropriate professional groups and organisations as well as the local health economy
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure a consistent flow of information and updates across the speciality
- To supervise Junior ED which describes medical staff and to provide guidance to nursing staff of all work for strategy, risk, grades, capability, culture, structures, measurement processes
- Involved in the management of trauma in line with trauma network and contribute to Major and CBTN incident preparation and management in the event of an incident.
- Encouraged to develop a special interest relevant to the speciality of Emergency Medicine e'g Ultrasound, Paediatrics, Elderly Care, Ambulatory Care and Critical Care.
- Demonstrable teaching ability and experience.
- Commitment to participate in research throughout the Emergency Medicine Service
- Willingness to undertake teaching of clinical staff at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Evidence of participation in undergraduate and or postgraduate teaching in formal settings
Qualifications and Professional Training Essential
- Completion of Education Training course/further qualifications
- Published research and audit.
- Peer reviewed publications.
- Fully registered with GMC. Certification of completion of specialist training or be within 6 months of gaining it by the interview date (or equivalent).
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (FRCEM or equivalent)
- Must be on the GMC's Specialist Register for Emergency Medicine
- ATLS, APLS/EPLS and ALS provider
Professional Practice/clinical Skills Essential
- Instructor in one or more life support courses (ALS/ATLS/APLS or equivalent).
- Additional subspeciality training qualifications, particularly in : PHEM, ICU or PEM
- Evidence of first-rate professional practice.
- Able to demonstrate clinical skills in management of full range of patient presentations as defined in the RCEM Curriculum.
Clinical Governance Essential
- Evidence of extended clinical skills in areas pertinent to acute and emergency care such as:
- Intensive Care medicine, Pre hospital medicine, Point of care ultrasound, Advanced airway management
- Awareness of the requirements of clinical governance, with particular reference to the specialty.
Personal requirements, Communication, Leadership Skills, Flexibility Essential
- Formal experience in the development of patient safety systems as pertaining to Emergency Medicine
- Evidence of management experience.
- Evidence of good team working with peers and other senior colleagues.
- Flexible attitude and good communication skills.
- Ability to integrate into and share leadership of a multidisciplinary team
- Must have a willingness to learn and adapt to fast paced clinical model
- IT and computer literacy
Further training, e.g., Management, Audit Essential
- Has demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in difficult circumstances.
- To be able to demonstrate team leadership skills and work on own initiative.
- Experience of clinical audit and education.
- Evidence of delivering Quality
- Improvement Projects
- Evidence to provide
- Clinical leadership for audit programmes
Employer details Employer name
- Formal training in QIP methodology
- Paeds EM experience
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.