Are you interested in developing a specialist interest whilst maintaining your general practice skills? Then the GP Plus (GP+) programme could be for you.
Healthy Prestatyn Iach is offering a new training and development opportunity called the 'GP+ Programme' in Education and Leadership (Please visit www.primarycarewales.com for more information). This programmes offer a balance between an everyday general practice commitment and the opportunity to develop specialist interest in Education & Leadership.
GP+ Programme requires a commitment of 12 months, ideally on a full time basis but with a minimum requirement of 6 sessions per week.
We look forward to hearing from you!Main duties of the job
Your role will roughly be a 50/50 split between Salaried GP work within Practice and undertaking training and work linked to your specialist interest. The session commitment will vary, this will be discussed and agreed with you when developing your job plan.
What you can expect:
- A supportive Learning Environment
- A comprehensive induction Programme
- Funding to undertake education & training linked to your area of interest
- Dedicated time within your job plan to support your development in your area of interest
- Commitment from the Practice to support you during the programme
- Support from the Primary & Community Care Academy to identify a GP Mentor
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Full GMC Registration with a licence to practise and entry on the GP Register
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in General Practice / Certificate Confirming Eligibility for General Practice Registration (CEGPR), or equivalent
- Included on a Medical Performers List or eligible.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE ABILITY Essential
- Academic excellence (prizes, merits, distinctions etc.)
- Other relevant specialist interests & skills
Desirable Employer details Employer name
- Proven ability to handle a busy and varied primary care caseload and respond flexibly to workload fluctuations
- Ability to take independent clinical decisions when necessary and to seek advice from senior doctors as appropriate
- Commitment to team approach and multi-disciplinary working
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Healthy Prestatyn Iach
Nant Hall Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.