The BETSI CADWALADR UNIVERSITY HEALTH BOARD
is responsible for the provision of both primary and secondary health care across North Wales. The main acute hospital of Central Division is Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, the Ophthalmic Unit is based at Abergele Hospital.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board is the largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health and acute hospital services for a population of around 676,000 people across the six counties of North Wales (Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham) as well as some parts of mid Wales, Cheshire and Shropshire.Main duties of the job
The Division of Surgery & Anaesthesia is looking to recruit an Ophthalmic Speciality Doctor. The successful applicant will join a team of Ophthalmic Surgeons with special interests including vitreo-retinal, ocular motility, cornea, ocular plastics, paediatrics and neuro-ophthalmology.About us
The Ophthalmic Department consists of 10 Consultants, 1 Associate Specialist, 4 Staff Doctors, 1 Glaucoma Fellow and currently 4 Speciality trainees.
The Department also enjoys the support of highly qualified and motivated staff including Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Injectors, Orthoptists, Contact Lens Specialist and Low Vision Aid Advisor.
The successful candidates will support the further development and expansion of Ophthalmic services. Job description Job responsibilities
Applicants should be fully registered and ideally have at least 3 years Ophthalmic experience. Applicants should be able to perform cataract surgery independently and may be able to take part in the first on call rota.
North Wales is an area of outstanding natural beauty, and is within easy access of the Snowdonia National Park, Chester, Liverpool and Manchester.
Should you require further information or wish to visit the Department and meet members of staff, please contact Miss Catrin Bertalot, Clinical Lead. Telephone: (01745) 448330 ext 855180.Person Specification Registration Essential Qualifications Desirable
- DRCOphth, MRCOphth, FRCOphth or equivalent
- Acceptance that the post requires a strong service commitment
- A minimum of three years in Ophthalmology
- Ability to perform cataract surgery independantly
- Willingness to perform on call duties
Clinical Skills Essential
- Experience in and participation in departmental audit
Desirable Teaching Essential
- Experience working in busy outpatients, accident & emergency and theatre.
- Ability to work/operate unsupervised
Interpersonal skills Essential
- Ability to teach junior staff, non medical staff and students.
- Willingness to seek timely assistance from senior colleagues when appropriate.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with staff and be able to communicate well with patients.
Desirable Employer details Employer name
- Good organisational skills and time management
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Adverts - 5863554