We are seeking a Specialty Doctor to join the South Gloucestershire Recovery South Team. This is post has become vacant due to the current incumbent returning to training.
The recovery services in South Gloucestershire operate between 9:00am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, five days a week.
The post holder will join a well established multi-disciplinary team which is integrated with the local social services.
This post offers the opportunity to gain clinical experience in treating a wide array of clinical conditions to work with a variety of patients in a variety of settings both urban and rural and to gain experience in treatments with a focus on using complex/combination interventions in patients who appear to 'be stuck' with in services.
The post includes one hour per week protected supervision time with the Consultant. Attendance at the weekly postgraduate programme is encouraged.
We are committed to your development, making the very best of your talent and helping you to achieve your career aspirations. You will need to have completed at least four years' full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a specialty training programme in Psychiatry or as a fixed term specialty trainee in Psychiatry or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.Main duties of the job
As the post holder will work with the Consultant Psychiatrist and Specialist Doctor to be responsible for medical input to the cases on the recovery team caseload, this will include pre-existing cases and assessing new referrals from the Liaison Team.
The main duties of the post are
- To assess and treat service users in the community and in a clinic.
- To attend weekly CMHT MDT meeting and to support the team with medical input as required.
- To arrange and participate in CPA meetings for service users.
- Undertake urgent psychiatric assessments when necessary.
- To liaise with other parts of the service and GPs and non NHS organisations wherever applicable.
- To write up notes using the Trusts Electronic Record system RIO.
- Ensure effective and timely documentation and communication of clinical decision making and management plans
- The post holder is expected to seek Section 12 approval, but this is not a requirement of the post as there is no on call commitment for this job.
- To undertake 5-6 cases on average per week, dealing with cases allocated to Consultant's and Specialist Doctor's caseloads.About us Working for your organisation
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Section 12 Approval
- Eligible for Full GMC registration with a licence to practise at time of confirmation of appointment.
- Completed at least four years' full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a specialty training programme in Psychiatry or as a fixed term specialty trainee in Psychiatry or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
- Ability to manage own time and workload and prioritise clinical work
- Ability to appraise own performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of specific achievements that demonstrate leadership skills
Teaching Skills Essential
- Up to date knowledge of issues in Mental Health Service for this specialty.
- Commitment to teaching other members of the multi disciplinary team.
Research and Audit Essential
- Teaching of undergraduate students
- PGCME or equivalent/aspiration to attain a postgraduate teaching qualification
- Ability to critically appraise published research.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
Employer details Employer name
- Experience in involvement in a research project and publication.
- Interest in research
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Kingswood Civic Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.