- New Starter package of £15,000 spread over 3 years as a retention bonus
- supported by a £12,000 relocation allowance
- roles also attract a loyalty Scheme Bonus of £2,500 over the subsequent 5 years of service
- CPD of £2,000 per annum with the facility accumulate annual funding for up to three years to accommodate accessing higher cost development opportunities
- 'Holiday of a lifetime scheme': Consultants and SASG doctors can bank/accrue annual leave over a period of up to 5 years, to facilitate an extended period of leave. The scheme enables the opportunity for planning a 'holiday of a lifetime' or extended paid break
We seek Consultant Psychiatrist leaders to join our acute in-patient psychiatric care units in Norwich, covering central and south Norfolk. In advance of our new £50 million hospital being built on the Hellesdon site (opening in 2024) we look forward to welcoming new colleagues to the team.
Existing estates are being refurbished and new acute and rehabilitation facilities planned. An overhaul of medical management under Chief Medical Officer Alex Lewis is seeing clinical leadership being pushed firmly to the fore and an appetite to both maintain and drive excellence is desired of successful applicants and the team.Main duties of the job
The advertised role will provide clinical care and leadership for the in-patient care units.
The post holder must be registered with the GMC. The post holder must also have an entry on the GMC Specialist Register (CCST) in Adult Psychiatry (or within three months of completion of CCST). Applications from those wishing to work flexibly or those wishing to develop academic or special interest sessions are welcomed.About us
Norfolk, a beautiful county situated in the East with excellent schools, well known beaches, forests and inland waterway natural beauty and all just a short hop to Amsterdam from Norwich Airport. A short drive from the University city of Cambridge and 90-minute train ride to London.
We are also offering:
Job description Job responsibilities
- Up to £12k relocation expenses
- Access to £2000 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
- Friendly Colleagues
- Encouragement and support for areas of special interest
- Subsidised gyms and free physio service
- We have a strong education reputation and close ties with both The University of Cambridge and The University of East Anglia
- Well established county wide teaching program
- Access and encouragement to partake in research and a well-established research network within the Trust
- Support for Quality Improvement, Audit and Service development
- Forward thinking, clinically lead and innovative trust
- Flexibility can be considered for a degree of remote working
This post is to provide Consultant Psychiatry input to the acute in-patient psychiatric care units based at Hellesdon Hospital Norwich.
Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation NHS Trust looks forward to welcoming you. Please contact Clinical Director Dr Zeyn Green-Thompson for further details.
Full Job Description attached - Pending Royal College Approval.
Full and part time roles considered.Person Specification Attributes Essential
Clinical Governance Essential
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
- Entry on the GMC register
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Approved Clinician Status
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
Employer details Employer name
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS TrustAddress
Inpatient Wards, Hellesdon Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.