Due to a vacancy an exciting opportunity has arisen for a substantive post of Specialty Doctor in Urology to join the newly formed joint Walsall and Wolverhampton Urology Service.
The service has excellent outpatient and diagnostic facilities, encompassing flexible cystoscopy, prostate biopsy and urodynamics. The Trust is a robotic surgery centre, with Urology being the lead Directorate for this facility. Facilities exist for almost all forms of modern urology, including robotic pelvic oncology surgery, robotic renal surgery, HoLEP, flexible ureterorenoscopy, PCNL, core urology surgery and day case surgery, which have its own designated day surgery wards.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be required to provide and support urological services. The majority of duties will be carried out at New Cross Hospital where emergency and elective surgery services are concentrated. Day Case surgery is concentrated at Walsall Manor Hospital.
Duties will be carried out under the direction of the Consultant Urological Surgeons.About us
The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust are one of the largest acute and community providers in the West Midlands having more than 850 beds on the New Cross site.
The Trust also has 56 rehabilitation beds at West Park Hospital and 54 beds at Cannock Chase Hospital.
We are the largest employer in Wolverhampton, the Trust employs over 10,000 staff, covering more than 350 different roles.
We provide services from the following locations
- New Cross Hospital - secondary and tertiary services, maternity, Accident and Emergency, critical care and outpatients
- West Park Hospital - rehabilitation inpatient and day care services, therapy services and outpatients
- Cannock Chase Hospital - general surgery, orthopaedics, breast surgery, urology, dermatology and medical day case investigations and treatment (including endoscopy)
- More than 20 community sites - community services for children and adults, walk-in centres and therapy and rehabilitation services
Primary care - Ten GP practices have now joined us and offer extended opening hours to patients Job description Job responsibilities
The post-holder will work in collaboration with the existing Urology Team to provide a high quality, progressive and professional service within the Urology service.
The job description describes the Urology service and expectations for this post in detail. We advertise this post as a 10 PA contract (8 PA DCC and 2 PA SPA). The post holder will be required to contribute to a 1:9 emergency on-call rotaPerson Specification Qualifications Essential
Employer details Employer name
- GMC Registration
- Previous Urology Experience
- Experience on call at ST level
The Royal Wolverhampton NHS TrustAddress
New Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.