Two Locum Consultant positions have arisen within the department of Anaesthesia based at Barts Health NHS Trust, with the primary site being the Royal London Hospital. This is a 12 months Locum Consultant position and provides an excellent opportunity to join an established workforce consisting of over 50 consultant anaesthetists in a major trauma centre based in London.
The Department of anaesthesia provides a service for all surgical specialities within Bart's Health and is involved in many exciting initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for dynamic individuals with the appropriate skills to join a first class multi-disciplinary team providing the full range of services to the majority of East London and beyond in a progressive London teaching hospital environment.
Applicants must be fully registered on the UK General Medical Council's Specialist Register. Specialist Registrars may apply if within 6 months of obtaining CCT at the date of interview.Main duties of the job
The post is a locum consultant post in anaesthesia based at The Royal London Hospital the successful candidate may be asked to cover surgical lists at Barts or Mile End Hospital if required. The post holder will be an employee of BartsHealth and there may be future opportunities or requirements to work at one of the other hospitals in the Barts Health group.
This is a general post for a locum consultant anaesthetist. The appointee must be able to work flexibly and be able to cover all the specialities provided for at Barts & The Royal London Hospitals.
Applicants should possess full GMC registration, and either be on the Specialist Register or be within 6 months of receiving their Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) at the time of interview.About us
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate, and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. Barts Health supports The Pregnancy Loss Pledge and commits to supporting their staff through the distress of miscarriage. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the job description and person specification for the main responsibilities of this role.Person Specification Qualifications/ Clinical Skills Essential
- GMC Registration
- MBBS or equivalent
- CCT in anaesthesia or equivalent or, if in training within 6 months of CCT
- FRCA or equivalent
- Experience of UK healthcare system
- Higher degree
- Extensive experience in a wide variety of anaesthesia, especially the management of major trauma
- Experience in the peri-operative care of patients including pain management
- Audit experience
Teaching & Training Essential
- Experience in anaesthesia specialties in the job plan
- Clinical management training
- Involvement in teaching undergraduates, junior medical staff, nurses and allied health professionals
- ATLS, ALS, APLS or PALS provider status
- ATLS, ALS, APLS or PALS instructor status.
- Certificate of education.
- Evidence of training in teaching skills.
- Understands research methodology
- Actively encourages research with junior and other staff
Personal Skills Essential
- Published or submitted research to indexed journals
- Experience of research presentations to learned societies on topics related to anaesthesia
- Ability to communicate clearly and intelligently in written and spoken English
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team, make decisions and exert appropriate authority.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with patients, relatives and colleagues
- Ability to gain confidence and trust
- Enthusiasm and approachability
Employer details Employer name
- Leadership skills appropriate to leading a multidisciplinary team
- Directing and teaching medical, nursing and other professions allied to anaesthesia and Intensive Care
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
The Royal London Hospital
Royal london Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.