Are you looking to develop your skill set in a supported environment possibly prior to applying to a higher training pathway?
Applications are invited for Junior Trust Dentist vacancies that have arisen in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. We are seeking dentists who are committed and passionate about delivering excellent patient care.
You will be joining our dedicated and dynamic team providing a range of acute and elective services. The Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Department is staffed by 5 Consultants, 1 higher surgical trainee, 5 Specialty Dentists and 6 Trust Grade Specialty Dentists.Main duties of the job
The unit offers a range of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery. The post holder work in a well-supported environment and will gain significant training opportunities in the following areas:
- Head and Neck Cancer surgery
- Orthognathic surgery (including joint clinics)
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Oral medicine
Daily duties will include both Out-Patient and In-Patient settings and you will be pivotal in providing support and day to day care for patients. Inpatient surgery is carried out across our two main sites, Royal Preston Hospital and Chorley and South Ribble Hospital. Following training and completion of competencies the individual will work in a well-supported environment with participation in minor oral surgery lists LA and GA cases. The department is keen to support individual areas of interest and active participation in clinical audit and research is encouraged.About us
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals is the largest provider of head and neck cancer services in the region and also the regional Major Trauma Centre. The Unit also provide an Orthognathic and salivary gland service in addition to routine Oral & Maxillofacial surgery therefore applicants can expect exposure to fantastic training opportunities.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the Oral and Maxillofacial junior on call rota (08:00 - 21:00). Currently a shift system is in place and ward work is supported by the on-call Oral and Maxillofacial Registrar/ Middle-Grade/Consultants.
This is a full-time post. Job description Job responsibilities
We are seeking a candidate who can commence work as soon as possible,
Please refer to the attached Job description, Person specification and Specialty/ Trust Brochure for further details on:
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- What we can offer
- Job Plan/On-call Requirements
- The Team
- Full GDC Registration and Licence to Practice
- BDS or equivalent
Experience and Skills Essential
- MFDS or MJDF equivalent
- Distinctions, prizes, awards, scholarships, other degrees or diplomas
- Evidence of Presentations
- Evidence of Publications
- Teaching Experience
- Appropriate knowledge of basic science and the ability to apply this to clinical practice
- 1 -2 years' experience at Junior level or equivalent
- 1st On call experience in Oral & maxillofacial Surgery
- Able to satisfy the requirements of the dental performers' requirements as relating to English language skills
- Proven ability to make good dental & medical notes
- Completion of undergraduate dental training in English OR Applicants who do not fit into the above categories need to provide other evidence of adequate communication skills
- Examples of a critical enquiring approach to the acquisition of knowledge
- Meets professional health requirements in line with GDC Standards/ Good Medical Practice
Employer details Employer name
- Proven effective communication skills (with examples).
- Proven previous experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Examples of ability to establish professional relationships with patients
- Flexibility to rotate as specified in the JD
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.