The UHPNT Respiratory Department is a dynamic and welcoming team with a clear vision to provide the best care possible to our patients. We would encourage applicants with a pre-defined sub-specialty area of expertise and, in particular, those with an interest in COPD, complex pulmonary infection, interstitial lung disease, and/or pulmonary hypertension. We will, however, work with any successful candidate to develop a job plan that meets their needs and interests, whilst complementing the expertise of colleagues within the department and supporting the continued delivery of a high-quality service for our patients. Flexible and/or less than full time working, including job sharing, will be accommodated for any candidate(s) to whom this is important, with arrangements to be discussed and agreed on an individual basis.Main duties of the job
The employer is University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust, with the post description and responsibilities below being based on a whole-time appointment. The model job plan is based on a full-time appointment of 10 PAs. Trust policy is for job plans to be based on 8.5 DCC and 1.5 SPA, although up to one further SPA may be agreed within this during the job plan review process, depending on departmental and/or care group needs. The average maximum weekly programmed activities for direct clinical care will not exceed 8.5 PA unless by prior mutual agreement.
Please see attached job description for further information.About us
We are a people business - where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the recruitment team on 01752 432100. We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission. We commit to giving this full consideration in each case. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles, as diversity strengthens our teams. It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted. https://plymouthhospitals.pagetiger.com/bbselju/1/?ptit=20739138F59A50241A13E Job description Job responsibilities
Full job description and person specification attached. Please see attached job description and person specification for full details of the role.Person Specification Teaching Essential
- Evidence of experience and ability in teaching
- Postgraduate teaching qualification
- ALS instructor
- Experience in simulation and / or human factors training
- Willingness to interact with management colleagues
- Evidence of participation in regular appraisal and reflection practice
Practical Requirements Essential
- Formal management training
- Previous experience in change management and quality improvement
Desirable Education, Qualifications and Training Essential
- Ability and willingness to work hours of the job, shifts, on-call with any reasonable adjustment to take account for any local requirement or disability
- MRCP UK (or equivalent)
- Entry on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register
Research and Clinical Audit Essential
- Higher Degree
- Postgraduate prizes and awards
- Evidence of recent involvement in clinical audit and/or quality improvement.
- Commitment to continuing medical education.
- Awareness of the requirements of clinical governance
- Presentations at local meetings
- Experience and understanding of research methodology.
Particular skills and experience Essential
- Presentations or publications in peer reviewed journals
- Current research
- Presentations at regional/national/ international meetings.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm to continue with research, clinical audit and service improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering an acute and general Respiratory service and an understanding of the NHS
- Competent to give a specialist opinion across the full range of respiratory and general medicine conditions
- Ability to lead a team
Communication and interpersonal skills Essential
- Attended appropriate courses / meetings in the last 6 years covering the spectrum of the entire specialty
- Evidence of ability to perform advanced invasive procedures as appropriate
- Evidence of ability to work in a team
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, relatives and staff, both orally and in writing
- Information technology skills
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of advanced communication skills training
- Leadership skills
- Well-presented CV
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS TrustAddress
University Hospitals Plymouth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.