Senior Clinical Fellow (ST3+ level) in Haematology
This is a fixed term post to start 7th February 2024 and will end on Wednesday 4th September 2024
This post is ideally suited to doctors who have completed a period of core medical training and are looking to gain experience in haematology. This post is not recognised for training however, the post holder will receive training opportunities similar to haematology specialty registrars in training posts.
Applicants must have full GMC registration with a licence to practice and have a minimum of 2 years of experience in medicine at core trainee (CT) level, or the equivalent at the time of commencing the post
Main duties of the job
You will be part of a team of 10 consultants, 4-5 speciality registrars, 4 FY/CT doctors, and a team of clinical nurse specialists.
We provide Level 3 Haematology care and all stages of autologous stem cell transplantation with on-site state-of-the-art radiotherapy equipment. The hospital is a dedicated Teenage and Young Adult treatment centre.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has 1200 beds and serves a population of over one million. The hospital is adjacent to the University of East Anglia, with the Medical School that was established in 2002, and the world renowned Norwich Research Park. This ensures that our staff have unequalled access to research development and opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has 1100 beds and serves a population of over one million. The hospital is adjacent to the University of East Anglia, the Medical School established in 2002 and the world-renowned Norwich Research Park. This ensures that our staff have unequalled access to research development and opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
Norwich is quite rightly described as a fine city. Its skyline is dominated by a graceful cathedral and a massive Norman castle. It boasts countless attractions to interest and intrigue its residents, with all the modern facilities you would expect in a vibrant city. Norwich schools are rated as some of the best within the country. The surrounding Norfolk countryside and long stretches of coastline are renowned for their beauty and tranquility. The Norfolk Broads provides a quintessential rural getaway, with the North Norfolk villages providing a more traditional ambience. With excellent transport links to Cambridge and London, Norfolk offers everything you require to establish the perfect work life balance.
Applicants must have full GMC registration with a licence to practice, have experience in medicine and hold full competencies for Foundation years 1 & 2 by the date of appointment.
Please read the attached job description for full details of this post. Full advert is also attached
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full GMC Registration with licence to practice
- Full MRCP (UK)
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team. Enthusiasm for service development and teaching.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years experience at CT level
- Appropriate knowledge base and ability to apply sound clinical judgement to problems
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in a range of medical procedures as an indication of manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Evidence of experience in a range of acute medical specialities, with experience of managing patients on unselected medical take during core medical training
- Evidence of competence in managing medical emergencies and in-patients through continuous work-based assessments
- Evidence of competence in managing patients with acute haematology emergencies - especially patients presenting with infection
- Demonstrate current ALS certification or equivalent
- Previous experience in Haematology
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.