Are you passionate about delivering excellent patient care and want to make a difference in people's lives? Then come join our friendly and dynamic team in the Haematology Department as a Specialty Doctor. We have a great reputation for training and development with excellent staff benefits.
We are looking for both established specialty doctors looking for a new challenge or trainees who feel a move to being a non-trainee would provide a better work-life balance with no more moving hospitals and the possibility to put down roots whilst working towards their CESR.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to meet or contact members of the clinical and management teams prior to completing the application or to the interview. Appointments can be made for a visit at any point up to the date of interview.
Main duties of the job
The post is based in the Haematology Department at Airedale General Hospital.
The other main responsibilities are outlined below:-To assess and review inpatients and patients attending for treatments at the HODU.- To recognise and initiate management of medical problems in patients receiving anti-cancer treatment- To liaise with the clinical nurse specialists over the organisation and delivery of chemotherapy- To assess and manage new and follow-up out-patients in clinics under the supervision of the consultants-To carry out bone marrow biopsies- To liaise with the appropriate consultant team when emergencies arise and formalise an appropriate management plan.- To communicate with the GPs and wider community team in an appropriate and timely fashion-To write prescriptions for chemotherapy-To attend weekly haematology multi-disciplinary team meetings with Leeds & Bradford- To develop and promote excellent haematological services at Airedale General Hospital- To actively participate in audit and clinical governance including periodical presentation at these meetings
Our award winning hospitals positioned at the gateway to the beautiful Yorkshire Dales affording the opportunity to live and work in a stunning part of the country with good schools and easy access to Leeds in less than an hour and London in approximately 3 hours.
Our department prides itself on being friendly and supportive and has an excellent reputation amongst trainees, and the Trust has successfully supported many colleagues through the CESR process in multiple specialties.
For further information on this vacancy, please see attached full advert, job description and person specification.
- Competencies in line with post MRCP PACES level medical doctor and above, or SAS Cardiology doctor with equivalent experience.
- Up to date provider in ALS or equivalent
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCP or related post graduate qualifications
- Additional postgraduate qualifications
- Eligible for full GMC registration at time of appointment
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation competencies in line with GMC standards in Good Medical Practice including: -good clinical care -maintaining GMP -good relationships and communication with patients -good working relationships with colleagues -good teaching and training -professional behaviour and probity -delivering good acute care
- Experience in Cardiology