This is a full-time post for a Consultant in Anaesthesia with special interest in regional anaesthesia and complex orthopaedics.
A candidate who is unable for personal reasons to undertake the duties of a whole-time post will receive equal consideration. If such a candidate is appointed the job content will be modified as appropriate in consultation with consultant colleagues and local management.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. Additionally, people with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post. The Trust operates job share and flexible working.Main duties of the job
The appointment is to the Trust, not to specific hospitals.
The appointee will take his/her share of clinical responsibilities within the Department of anaesthesia.
The appointee will be required to provide anaesthesia for adult patients in all specialties as appropriate to his/her training and experience, which may include provision for peri-operative assessment.
There is a regular on-call commitment to the Generalist Anaesthesia On Call Roster.
All post-holders, including the appointee, will be expected to be involved in implementing the Trust's Clinical Governance program. This includes active participation in clinical audit, quality, clinical guidelines/pathways, professional development, appraisal and risk management.
The appointee will be a member of the Consultant Staff Committee and be expected to serve on this committee.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job description Job responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Please see the attached Job Description for the full details of the post and the person specification.
Full GMC with licence to practise required on application.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- FRCA or equivalent.
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register in Anaesthesia or eligible for entry within 6 months of the date of interview
- Stage 3 Training in Regional Anaesthesia and Complex Orthopaedics
- MD, PhD or other postgraduate qualification (PGCert, PGDip, MSc)
- ALS/EPLS/ATLS instructor or equivalent
- Good communicator.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Enthusiasm for service development and teaching
- Prepared to work in shared office space.
- Applicants who are Nationals from another European country or elsewhere overseas would have to show equivalence to the 5 years training period in the National Health Service required for the specialty
- Post CCT experience in Anaesthesia for Major General surgery.
- Commitment to continue to develop an appropriate specialist interest.
- Evidence of interest in education and training.
- Evidence of engagement with research and audit.
- Publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Up to date GCP training.
- Evidence of significant involvement in service development/QI.
Employer details Employer name
- Flexible outlook on working hours.
- Must live within a 15-mile radius of the base Trust or 30 minutes travelling time.
- Full Driving License.
- Full registration with GMC including licence to practice.
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.