There has never been a better time to join our growing team within our Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Division.
BCUHB is the largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health and acute hospital services for a population of around 676,000 people across the six counties of North Wales (Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham). The aim of BCUHB is to provide the highest quality care for the population of North Wales. We aim to achieve this through three key values: Dignity, placing a high value on respecting the patient as an individual Valuing Staff, as individuals and developing their skills appropriately Efficiency, pursuing efficiency and effectiveness in delivering services.Main duties of the job
With a new leadership team in place we're investing in our services to transform the way they are delivered. We are continuously developing and expanding the range of support, care and treatment we offer to people across North Wales. This includes establishing new exciting roles in our community and inpatient teams and a clear pathway for staff to continue to learn and progress throughout their career.
As part of our growth strategy, Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board are currently looking to appoint a Specialty Doctor in Substance Misuse Psychiatry.
This is a full-time post be based at the inpatient detoxification unit (currently Hafan Wen, which is situated near Wrexham Maelor Hospital). The post will provide medical support to the inpatient unit. In addition, the post holder will undertake three sessions within the community based Substance Misuse Service in Wrexham.About us
North Wales is the perfect place to Train, work and live. With stunning surroundings, affordable housing, great schools and a true sense of community wherever you go, North Wales is the perfect place to settle down on your own or with a family.
BCULHB is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check being made. Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and personal specification attached to the vacancy for further information on the role.Person Specification Professional Essential
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council.
- Minimum of four years (full time or equivalent) in postgraduate training in the UK or equivalent EEA training. At least two years training must be in the relevant specialty or recognised equivalent training (this is defined as the successful completion of the Foundation programme, followed by either successful completion of ST1 and ST2 or CT1 and CT2 or as a FTSTA or its recognised equivalent).
- Or Equivalent experience in Substance Misuse Psychiatry
- Postgraduate Qualifications
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Section 12(2) Approval
- General medical skills
- Experience in substance misuse for a minimum of 1 year.
- 2 years' experience in Adult psychiatry.
- Experience of Clinical Audit
- Evidence of ability to contribute to service management
Employer details Employer name
- Evidence of participation in medical and multi-disciplinary teaching
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Hafan Wen, Wrexham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.