- New Starter package of £15,000 spread over 3 years as a retention bonus
- supported by a £12,000 relocation allowance
- roles also attract a loyalty Scheme Bonus of £2,500 over the subsequent 5 years of service
- CPD of £2,000 per annum with the facility accumulate annual funding for up to three years to accommodate accessing higher cost development opportunities
- 'Holiday of a lifetime scheme': Consultants and SASG doctors can bank/accrue annual leave over a period of up to 5 years, to facilitate an extended period of leave. The scheme enables the opportunity for planning a 'holiday of a lifetime' or extended paid break
NSFT CFYP service basically tore up the rule book and asked young people what they wanted. The result is a very interesting service which is truly patient-centred. Wendy Burn, RCPsych President
Our CAMHS Learning Disability Service are looking for a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to provide clinical care to young people with learning disabilities in Suffolk with clinical lead responsibility across under 18 Learning Disability service.
We need someone who can lead by example by being part of the Clinical leadership team for the Learning Disability Services across Suffolk in order to deliver high quality care to patients and their families.Main duties of the job
The team provides a dedicated service for children and young people with learning disabilities, where there are concerns about their behaviour and / or mental health and consists of Nurses, Psychiatry and Psychology, a Behaviour Therapist and Support Workers.
We work closely with multiple outside agencies such as school, colleges and social care. Constantly seeking to improve the service we offer there is scope for service-wide and professional development.
What we can offer is a unique opportunity to balance your life with your work and have a voice that is truly heard. We take a flexible approach to work, working from home is easy to arrange and we understand that other aspects of life can conflict with more traditional working hours.
Creative thinking is encouraged. The expectation we have is for all our Consultants to work autonomously and to think about how the service can continue to improve, we have a can-do culture.About us
Less than 2 hours from London (yet a world away in terms of house prices and cost of living) serviced by excellent transport links, Suffolk retains a strong local identity and community. Set in beautiful countryside, a few minutes drive takes you to wonderful coast line and beautiful forests.
We are also offering:
Job description Job responsibilities For further information on the vacancy available, please see attached the full Job Description and Person Specification. Come visit us, meet the team and see why our trainees come and stay and how we invest in our people.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Up to £12k relocation expenses
- Access to £2000 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
- Friendly Colleagues
- Encouragement and support for areas of special interest
- Subsidised gyms and free physio service
- We have a strong education reputation and close ties with both The University of Cambridge and The University of East Anglia
- Well established county wide teaching program
- Access and encouragement to partake in research and a well-established research network within the Trust
- Support for Quality Improvement, Audit and Service development
- Forward thinking, clinically lead and innovative trust
- Flexibility can be considered for a degree of remote working
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
Clinical Governance Essential
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
Employer details Employer name
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation NHS TrustAddress
Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds
East or West Suffolk
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.