Are you a proactive and motivated physician with a passion in providing high quality patient centred Cardiology services looking to develop your skills and knowledge in a forward-thinking and innovative team?
This is the perfect chance for you to explore new opportunities by joining a supportive and inspiring team of consultants and become part of the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
With an interest in Heart Failure and Pacing, you will be part of the Heart Failure service and play a key role in helping expand the service across site at Peterborough City Hospital and Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Located in the western part of Cambridgeshire, the historic towns of Peterborough and Huntingdon have been transformed by town development schemes bringing improvements in housing, education, and employment opportunities. Both hospitals are accessible by road or train within easy commute distance from London, Cambridge, Leicester or Birmingham.
You will work working closely with the existing heart failure consultants, specialist nurses and community team in providing general cardiology service, Ambulatory Heart failure services as well as specialist sessions in device implantation.
We are committed to supporting your career in an environment where your skills and initiatives are valued. We respect your wellbeing and we are open to flexibility in your working patterns.Main duties of the job
The job plan is anticipated to contain 10 programmed activities, 8.5 PAs of direct clinical care and 1.5 SPAs per week. We are open to consider alternative job content on a personal basis.
You will be joining the Consultant rota on a 1:8 weekend ward rounds as following consultant of the week model. Currently, there are no on call commitments however, it is expected that the cardiology team moves towards providing 24/7 cover.
You will contribute to general cardiology services including outpatients' clinics and inpatient ward work as consultant of the week as well as reviewing outlying patients with cardiac conditions. You will share responsibility for the day-to-day management of the service ad participation on strategic planning.
As a specialist cardiologist, you will facilitate the expansion and delivery of heart failure services.
You will be expected to attend the multidisciplinary team meetings and the clinical governance activity across the directorate.
Teaching and training junior members of staff are essential to your professional activity as well as participating in continuing medical education.
If you like to find more about the role and organise an informal visit, we are welcoming you to contact Dr Brian Gordon, Clinical Lead for Cardiology on Tel: 01733 673816 or email@example.com, or Nicola Paterson, Divisional Operational Manager for Cardio-respiratory medicine on 07783 806915 or firstname.lastname@example.org.About us
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Job description Job responsibilities
For more details on this role and the main responsibilities, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person Specification Clinical Expertise in Speciality/Subspeciality Essential
Clinical Governance Essential
- oBroad range of experience in cardiology BHRS or equivalent accreditation in device implantation
- oAbility to offer and be accountable for independent and expert opinion
- oDemonstrate an interest and commitment to the speciality
- oShow engagement with clinical governance and have open approach to learning from mistakes
- oShow evidence of situational awareness and good decision making
- oEvidence of making change in practice for patient good
- oExperience of teaching medical students, doctors in training and other AHPs
- oTeaching Course
- oExperience in organising educational activities
- oUnderstanding of basic principles of Audit, evidence-based practice and QIP
- oParticipation in research
- oAbility to critically appraise published evidence
- oPublished papers and original work in peer reviewed journals
Fitness to Practice Essential
- oComprehensive knowledge of and insight into all domains in GMC Good Medical Practice
- oAwareness of core values of NHS constitution
Personal Skills Essential
- oEvidence of engagement with appraisal and revalidation
- oUp to date and aware of own training needs
Education and Qualifications Essential
- oFulfil Trust values
- oComputer literacy and general IT skills
- oEntry on GMC Specialist Register or, be within 6 months of receipt of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) at time of interview or, provide GMC eligibility for entry on the Specialist Register
- oMRCP or qualification at an equivalent level
Employer details Employer name
- oPostgraduate academic degree
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
NWAFT PCH with cross site
Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.