Have you got a passion for delivering high-standard Cardiology services by joining a forward-thinking and innovative team of Physicians?
This is the perfect opportunity for you to join our team of consultants at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and become part of the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. You will have the chance to develop your skills and confidence under the guidance of an inspiring team.
Located in the western part of Cambridgeshire, the historic town of Huntingdon has been transformed by town development schemes bringing improvements in housing, education, and employment opportunities. The hospital is accessible by road or train within easy commute distance from London, Cambridge, Leicester or Birmingham.
You will bring enthusiasm and a commitment to quality clinical care to our Cardiology department and help us in our efforts to expand and integrate our services across the Trust sites. You will work closely with the local Integrated Care Network to promote a high standard of care.
You will play a key role in leading and expanding the echocardiography service across site by liaising with the cardiac physiology team and consultant colleagues.
We will encourage and support you to develop specialist echocardiography services. We will offer appropriate office accommodation, secretarial and IT support to help with your research projects.
We respect your wellbeing, and we are open to flexibility in your working patterns.Main duties of the job
Your sessional weekly commitments will be 10 PAs (8.5 DCC+ 1.5 SPA) with 1 in 8 weekend Cardiology ward rounds at the Peterborough City Hospital as part of the Consultant of the week model. There are currently, no on call commitments. The job plan and on call are agreed with the Clinical lead and are then signed off with the Divisional Director.
This post will include the following duties:
- Consultant of the week rota, cross site.
- Deliver high quality, patient centred care
- Shared responsibility for the day-to-day management of the service and participation in strategic planning
- Active involvement in MDT meetings and directorate clinical governance activity
- Teaching, training and participation in continuing medical education
- Outpatient clinics,
- Covering for colleagues for annual leave and sickness.
- Supporting hospital capacity and flow
For further details and to organise informal visits, please contact Dr Brian Gordon, Cardiology Lead for Cardiology at firstname.lastname@example.org.About us
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust provides acute care to our local communities via two District General Hospitals in Peterborough and Huntingdon, and a community hospital in Stamford.
We are promoting flexible working and a health work/home life balance. Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Job description Job responsibilities
For more details on this role and the main responsibilities, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person Specification Clinical Expertise in Speciality/Subspeciality Essential
Clinical Governance Essential
- oBroad range of experience in cardiology BSE accreditation or equivalent accreditation in Transthoracic echocardiography and able to deliver a Stress Echocardiography and Transoesphageal Echocardiography service
- oAbility to offer and be accountable for independent and expert opinion
- oDemonstrate an interest and commitment to the speciality
- oShow engagement with clinical governance and have open approach to learning from mistakes
- oShow evidence of situational awareness and good decision making
- oEvidence of making change in practice for patient good
- oExperience of teaching medical students, doctors in training and other AHPs
- oTeaching Course
- oExperience in organising educational activities
- oUnderstanding of basic principles of Audit, evidence-based practice and QIP
- oParticipation in research
- oAbility to critically appraise published evidence
- oPublished papers and original work in peer reviewed journals
Fitness to Practice Essential
- oComprehensive knowledge of and insight into all domains in GMC Good Medical Practice
- oAwareness of core values of NHS constitution
Personal Skills Essential
- oEvidence of engagement with appraisal and revalidation
- oUp to date and aware of own training needs
Education and Qualifications Essential
- oFulfil Trust values:
- oComputer literacy and general IT skills
- oEntry on GMC Specialist Register or, be within 6 months of receipt of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) or equivalent at time of interview
- oMRCP or qualification at an equivalent level
Employer details Employer name
- oPostgraduate academic degree
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Hinchingbrooke with cross site working
Parkway Hinchingbrooke, Huntingdon
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.