ST GEORGE'S UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
ST GEORGE'S HOSPITAL
CLINICAL FELLOW INPAEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE (ST1+EQUIVALENT PAEDIATRICIAN OR ANAESTHETIST)
6-12 MONTHSMain duties of the job
Several posts are available within the Department of Paediatric Intensive Care at St George's University Hospital, London. These posts are available to start in January 2024 or as soon as possible for 6-12 months and can be extended up to 12 months. The post-holder will be included in the EWTD compliant on-call rota.
St. George's Hospital is a large multi-speciality facility based in South West London, offering a wide range of adult, paediatric and neonatal services. It is co-located with a medical school - St. George's, University of London.About us
St. George's Hospital is a large multi-speciality facility based in South West London, offering a wide range of adult, paediatric and neonatal services. It is co-located with a medical school - St. George's, University of London. The Paediatric department has its own outpatient's area, Paediatric Intensive Care, child development centre and occupies 5 wards comprising 54 inpatient beds. There are 30 consultants and a fully staffed EWTD compliant middle grade and ST rota, composed of grid trainees, regional trainees, fellows and F1 doctors. The St. George's PICU itself has 14 beds providing PICU and HDU level care to 700 patients a year, the number of referrals to PICU continues to grow year on year. It is a general intensive care unit for children from within the hospital and those retrieved by the South Thames retrieval service. The unit is part of the South Thames PICU Network working with the Evelina Children's Hospital and Kings College Hospital. Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will also have the opportunity to engage in training in the Anaesthetic Department to gain basic airway skills or in the Paediatric Emergency Department depending on the individual need of the trainee.
The post would suit a paediatrician looking to gain some experience in tertiary paediatrics and intensive care or a doctor exploring a career in paediatrics.
Please be aware that only online applications will be accepted and the post will close once a sufficient number of applicants have been received.
St George's Healthcare operates a No Smoking Policy.
We are an Equal Opportunities EmployerPerson Specification Qualifications and Training Essential
- Full registration with GMC
- BLS training
- MRCPCH or equivalent Paediatric qualification or FRCA Primary
- Ability to assess patients with a comprehensive history and physical examination
- Experience looking after inpatient neonates and children
- Experience of assessment of and infants and children in A+E
- Ability to triage between different priorities
- Ability to make management plans
- Prior PICU / NICU experience
- Prior SpR experience in a tertiary hospital
- Basic procedures - phlebotomy, venous cannulation
- Airway skills
- Aretrial canulation, Central venous access skills
- Enthusiasm to teach skills to others
- Intermediate knowledge of general paediatrics
- Willingness to learn
- Level 3 child safeguarding training
Personal Attributes Essential
- Higher knowledge in paediatrics
- Advanced safeguarding training
- Ability to work in a Multi disciplinary team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuing medical education
- Flexible approach
Employer details Employer name
- Supportive nature
- Ability to self motivate and motivate others
St George's Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
St.Georges University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.